PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing...

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 08:56 AM
A whole category of product usage? I have been using DP Spray Surface Shield in my wheel wells (thnks for the tip JEff!) and it works great, but coudln't I use a fater curing spray sealant liek Wolfie to cut time all around? Can't believe I never thought of this.

Neothin
06-28-2006, 09:20 AM
i dont understand what your asking?

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
The Wolfgang spray sealant would be lots quicker cure and application time, thus you could get a nuba on top of it faster.

Neothin
06-28-2006, 09:26 AM
ah ok...

though i haven't tried the wolfgang spray sealant, i have tried UPP and UPPS.

there's a big difference between the two when applied as a standalone lsp.

the liquid version lastest alot longer than the spray. also, the slickness didn't fade off as quickly as the spray.

IMO the sprays are not true stand-alone products, but rather, they're booster products that maintain the look/integrity of your sealant layer(s).

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 09:38 AM
I was thinking along the lines of...after polishing, use the quick spray sealer, then topping with nubas. In my understanding, this would drastically cut down the wait/app/cure time. The spray sealant woudl at least add somethign extra I assume.

BILL
06-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I was thinking along the lines of...after polishing, use the quick spray sealer, then topping with nubas. In my understanding, this would drastically cut down the wait/app/cure time. The spray sealant woudl at least add somethign extra I assume.

For a quicky job?? id say yes! but not very long lasting IMHO....

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Would you agree that using the spray would be better than not using any type of sealant?

BILL
06-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Absolutely..........

Neothin
06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
well... i dont know.. Your going to apply a spray sealant which doesn't last all that long to begin with, and on top of that, your not allowing it to cure at all before top w/ a nuba, further decreasing the durability.

i dont see the point.

FloridaNative
06-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Why not just use like DP wheel glaze or PB wheel sealant or something?? Then you don't have to worry about cure times.

BILL
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Why not just use like DP wheel glaze or PB wheel sealant or something?? Then you don't have to worry about cure times.

:iagree: Thats a good idea scooter.....:)

MCA
06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
A whole category of product usage? I have been using DP Spray Surface Shield in my wheel wells (thnks for the tip JEff!) and it works great, but coudln't I use a fater curing spray sealant liek Wolfie to cut time all around? Can't believe I never thought of this.

Would you be able to clarify "wheel well"? I have one car that has a carpeted wheel well - I use a foam-type dressing for this situation. The other car I have has a plastic wheel well which I use Armor All protectant. I just kind of confused as to where using a spray sealant and wax would fit in.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
A wheel well is the part behind the tire. It is on the exterior part of your car, not inside.

BILL
06-28-2006, 04:15 PM
In my area thats called the lower 1/4 panel......

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I meant, it was suggested to use the Spray Selanat in the wheel well (area where the whell sets back into I guess) the place that usually gets washed and thats it. So I ahve been using the spray sealant for that only and I noticed it has been doing a great job! No big dirt buildup liek always before, easily washes that gunk out, no bigtime scrubbing needed. So, now I am thinking of using a spray sealant on the whole car, whats it designed for! I am wondering if it will save lots of time?