PDA

View Full Version : How to remove bird poop stain off spoiler?

danny15002
10-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Hello,

A bird pooped on my spoiler and I did not get it off in time. It ended up leaving a flat stain and a cracked raised stained. I heard clay barring the area would help, but it did not help at all. I've heard Meguiar's ultimate compound works on getting stains off paint, but I was wondering if it is safe to use on a plastic spoiler. I was also wondering if it would help with both the surface stain and the raised cracked region. If it helps, I have a 2017 Mustang GT California Special.

All help is greatly appreciated!

briarpatch
10-28-2016, 02:13 PM
got any pics of the damage?

avi8er
11-05-2016, 10:32 PM
I just recently had a bird present on the hood of my 16 IS350. After cleaning, it left a little etching which is probably similar to what you have on your Mustang. I clayed it and went over with about 8 passes with my Porter Cable and a 5.5 Lake CCS with Meg's Ultimate Compound followed by a White CCS and Ultimate Polish. It's back to its mirror finish again. Ultimate Compound is actually a very good quality product for something you can get just about anywhere. Should take care of your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)