PDA

View Full Version : Foam soap

Cruzscarwash
10-28-2016, 09:11 AM
So I saw my neighbor next door washing with a foam cannon, I've never used one and have read some about them here and of course have seen hundreds of pictures of cars where people used them. My questions are

Will any soap essentially foam if placed into a foaming device?

I'm thinking of using a 2 pump sprayer system, one foam sprayer, one rinse sprayer and then dry the panel. I would use this method and go this route as it's always very hot here and majority of my work is done in direct sunlight

Since I work in direct sunlight which soap (if a specialized one if really needed) would be best to use

FUNX650
10-28-2016, 02:31 PM
The below car-wash shampoo provides
for loads of foam...even for a "2-Bucket
car-washing process"!

Meguiars Hyper-Wash is a concetrated car wash for frequent or professional detailing. Super foaming, long lasting car shampoo from Meguiars. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-hyper-wash.html)

Bob

oldmodman
10-28-2016, 05:32 PM
I have tried every soap I have in my foam gun and they all foam like crazy at the instant they are sprayed on. But some soap have a much longer cling factor. And it does not seem to be related to the cost of the soap either. I still keep coming back to snow foam. I just like the smell, the last factor, and the slickness.

Other results may differ.

And when I am soaping a friend's car on a hot summer day I just use the old cheapo Costco soap. Meguiars. Works just fine for less than a quarter of the price.

And if you want more suds from whatever you are using just put a higher concentration of soap to water in the gun.

Rsurfer
10-28-2016, 05:53 PM
So I saw my neighbor next door washing with a foam cannon, I've never used one and have read some about them here and of course have seen hundreds of pictures of cars where people used them. My questions are

Will any soap essentially foam if placed into a foaming device?

I'm thinking of using a 2 pump sprayer system, one foam sprayer, one rinse sprayer and then dry the panel. I would use this method and go this route as it's always very hot here and majority of my work is done in direct sunlight

Since I work in direct sunlight which soap (if a specialized one if really needed) would be best to use

It sounds like your a better candidate for a rinseless/waterless wash. Just foaming a car will not get it clean, you still need to use a mitt of some kind. Being in the sun really puts you at a disadvantage.

rlmccarty2000
10-28-2016, 10:15 PM
The Rupes soap is not a high foaming (not necessary IMHO) soap but it has conditioners that reduce water spotting which makes it an ideal candidate for use in the sun.

osiapstndp
10-28-2016, 10:26 PM
The only soap I have ever used that didn't produce a satisfactory experience is Griot's Garage car shampoo - it produces little foam, it is "watery" and runs off of every surface very quickly. All other soaps in my selection seem to work just fine. My favorite is McKee's Power Wash and Gloss. This product works extremely well in a bucket and works as well as any other product can in a foam cannon.

In regard to Rsurfer's comment, I agree 100% that rinseless or waterless wash may match your expectation. To remove an appreciable amount of dirt and debris contact must be made against the affected surface.

Cruzscarwash
10-28-2016, 10:57 PM
It sounds like your a better candidate for a rinseless/waterless wash. Just foaming a car will not get it clean, you still need to use a mitt of some kind. Being in the sun really puts you at a disadvantage.

i currently use rinseless and waterless but was wanting/considering adding the foam to the panel before i rinse/waterless

im now thinking foam panel, rinseless wash, clay panel, dry panel