PDA

View Full Version : Carpeted Wheel Wells

SabbyNJ
10-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Any thoughts or opinions on cleaning wheel wells that have that carpeted like insulation instead of plastic? I currently use a soft brush and car soap.

WAXOFF
10-27-2016, 08:43 PM
I pressure wash them.

BrutalNoodle
10-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Does the manual say anything regarding maintenance?

07rs
10-27-2016, 08:59 PM
I cleaned the ones in my wife's old Altima with a brush and apc then sprayed off with my power washer. After they dried I put 303 fabric guard on them which helped quite a bit.

BrutalNoodle
10-27-2016, 09:08 PM
I cleaned the ones in my wife's old Altima with a brush and apc then sprayed off with my power washer. After they dried I put 303 fabric guard on them which helped quite a bit.

I was thinking something from Carpro or Gyeon. I bet you could even get away with Sonax PNS, too. I didn't soak my towel after applying the stuff and it's basically waterproof now...

LittleKing24
10-27-2016, 09:13 PM
I asked a question similar to this or too long ago as my new truck wheel wells have the fabric lining. Pressure washing is definitely the easiest way to clean them. And several people mentioned lightly spraying the wheel well with a dressing as a protectant.

TTQ B4U
10-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Degreeser or APC and pressure washer. Just be careful with them as not all area created equal and over time they can wear thin. Also, if your client has modified the suspension or wheels/tires, check for wear through on the fronts. I put a notes section for this on my inspection form so that I don't forget. Even stock you should look and see. I t would be a bad thing to have pressure washed and cleaned ones that are damaged only to have a client in turn blame it on you. It can happen.

For protecting mine, I spray them with 303.

LSNAutoDetailing
10-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Wisk with a rubber pet brush

LEDetailing
10-28-2016, 03:48 AM
Extractor? :)

Steam would work well to soften the embedded tar, I like using Stoner's Xenit Citrus cleaner on stubborn tar, not sure if Tarminator would be too strong. Rinse well with pressure washer. Regular maintenance washes I would just spray an APC and pressure rinse.

Your car soap and brush you're using should work when not too dirty. I use that on my wheels and wells most washes. Try the large Speedmaster wheel brush. Works awesome on wheels and wells. The bristles are soft and won't likely ruin the texture of your carpet.

FUNX650
10-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Any thoughts or opinions on cleaning
wheel wells that have that carpeted like
insulation instead of plastic?

My vehicles' wheel-wells' carpeted-like
insulation is actually a plastic product.

I currently use a soft brush and car soap.
IMO:
No need to change up...If the
soft brush and car soap combo
works for you.

When necessary:
I'll use Meguiar's D114, M39/40 on
the sections I can easily see/access.

Bob

Boudin
11-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Mothers soft bristle tire brush and APC works great. I then use Opti-bond with an air gun to apply it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk