PDA

View Full Version : Long scratch - SO MAD!

Jman136
10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi all!

So, this morning I used a flash light to help me see while I put some washer fluid in the reservoir. Anyway, like a moron, I dropped the flashlight. As a result, I know have about a 6 inch vertical scratch on the front of my bumper. It looks awful! I am going to try to remove it (or lessen it) by hand tonight. What would you all recommend using compound/polish wise? I called my professional detailer, and will be taking the car to him next week. I am hoping maybe he can do something if I can't get it.

Anyway, it doesn't feel very deep, and I am fortunate that paint didn't actually chip off.

Has anyone else ever done something as stupid? I am so mad at myself! It's been a long day at work!

Thanks all!

Just02896
10-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Accidents are called accidents because they are accidents! Don't beat yourself up about it as I'm sure it looks worse than it really is. I once polished out a small scratch in the bumper of my wife's brand new car and then put my truck's trailer hitch right through it just 2 hours later as I was plowing the driveway. Can you post a picture of said scratch?

VISITOR
10-27-2016, 08:21 PM
could you post some pics?

BMW435
10-27-2016, 08:39 PM
You could pick up Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Compound at your local parts store, Walmart, etc.