PDA

View Full Version : Airplane question

Coopers ST
10-27-2016, 04:11 PM
I went to do a detail on a Polaris Slingshot today in a hanger at an airport. The owner had a small two seat plane and had me just rinseless wash the outside to get the bugs off. The underside was oily, greasy I am guessing from the exhaust. He said he would recommend me to others who have commented they would love someone to go just that, basic washes. What can I spray on the bottom from like a pump sprayer to help clean that area?

Thanks

GSKR
10-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Paint thinner and a whole lot of disposable rags.Degreasers just move it it around.This is what I do on moderate underbelly cleaning.

Just02896
10-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Opc.

GSKR
10-27-2016, 04:28 PM
That's such a small plane didn't really look at it first.Aerosol degreaser will work on that little plane.

Coopers ST
10-27-2016, 04:47 PM
Yes these would all be little planes. Is there something more cost conscious than aerosol products, or are they really not expensive or need much product?

GSKR
10-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Paint thinner is all I use.Its cheap and cuts right through the gunk with one swipe.Get reimbursed for all the micros you will ruin.On nice classic exotic cars I invest in nice micros from autogeek.on planes I go to Home Depot and buy there micro towels for 8.97.Using all purpose is to much labor,to much rubbing to remove all that grease and fuel its double the work with apc.

Coopers ST
10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Paint thinner is all I use.Its cheap and cuts right through the gunk with one swipe.Get reimbursed for all the micros you will ruin.On nice classic exotic cars I invest in nice micros from autogeek.on planes I go to Home Depot and buy there micro towels for 8.97.Using all purpose is to much labor,to much rubbing to remove all that grease and fuel its double the work with apc.

Do you cut the paint thinner? Do you just put some on a towel and wipe it on or spray the thinner with something?

GSKR
10-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Full strength I drench a micro.I use the the micro wet till it's absolutely wrecked then start with a new one etc.Take all those fueled micros off the property when you're done and dispose them.