PDA

View Full Version : Winter day's protection

Kiril perepiolkin
10-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to autogeek but lately I've been thinking of something that I'd like your opinions on.
If you seal and wax your car u know it provides a layer of protection and cause's water to bead. But what about snow would sealing and waxing your car make it easier for snow and ice to come off of the car? I'm talking about a big snow build up not a few drops.
Thanks

PaulMys
10-28-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi there, Kiril. And welcome to AGO!

Sorry if this response is late, but when I clicked on your post the last couple of nights, all I got was a blank white screen.

Anyway, to answer your question: Yes. A properly sealed & waxed car (or truck in my case) will most certainly shed snow & ice better.

After I polish my truck for the winter (Klasse AIO), I apply 3 coats of Collinite 845 wax.

In heavy snow fall, I'll start the truck, let the heat blast for a while, and when I come out to remove the snow, it literally slides right off the roof and the hood (from the engine heating the hood).

The difference from an un-waxed vehicle is night and day.

Dmb5450
10-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Yes you will have a much easier time with snow removal!

At work my coworkers always hate how I'm the first one with snow off of my car at the end of the day. I have consistently observed two things; first, with a snobroom the snow comes off in one sheet for the heavier snow. I don't have any snow left over on the paint. If it is a lighter snow, I will not even have snow on my car and others next to me have a nice coating of snow. A decent wind will blow the snow off. The second thing I notice is that frost/ice come off of the windows much easier. I always keep my car with a nice layer of wax/sealant/coating.