PDA

View Full Version : Toyota questions - FJ Black Paint Question and Gray Camry

TTQ B4U
10-26-2016, 07:07 AM
May have a detail on one coming up. Is the FJ Black paint a base-coat clear-coat or single stage? Also, what about he white roof? I suspect white is Single Stage but I know that can vary with model.

Does anyone know the same about a 2012 Magentic Gray Metallic Camry? I believe the paint code is 1G3.

Thanks for the help. If there's a cheat-sheet link for the above that would be most appreciated. Link me :)

Desertnate
10-26-2016, 07:31 AM
I can't provide any info regarding the singe-stage vs. clear coated question on the FJ. Our '13 Highlander is clear coated, so I'm sure the Camary is too.

I've found Toyota paint to be VERY soft. The nice thing is you can correct it pretty easily with a polish like Meguiars UP on a white Lake Country pad. The down side is you have to be very careful every time you touch the paint. I've swirled the paint with a MF towel while trying to buff off the polish.

jkrig
10-26-2016, 08:30 AM
I can't provide any info regarding the singe-stage vs. clear coated question on the FJ. Our '13 Highlander is clear coated, so I'm sure the Camary is too.

I've found Toyota paint to be VERY soft. The nice thing is you can correct it pretty easily with a polish like Meguiars UP on a white Lake Country pad. The down side is you have to be very careful every time you touch the paint. I've swirled the paint with a MF towel while trying to buff off the polish.

No idea on the FJ but I agree with Desertnate on the toyota....my wife has a 14' Highlander (base + clear) and it corrects easily as well, my go to is Menzerna MC 2500 on an LC Force Orange.

jcaustin87
10-26-2016, 09:24 PM
I have two '15s (Highlander and Camry) both in Pre Dawn Gray. I don't find the paint to be particularly soft. NO WHERE near the paint on my Mini Cooper or Honda Pilots I've owned.

The only single stage I know of that Toyota uses is the white.