PDA

View Full Version : Waxing black enclosed trailer

Corey06
10-26-2016, 07:03 AM
I have a 25' black enclosed trailer I recently replaced the panels on. I would like to give it a wash and was before the snow starts to fly I'm just not sure how to go about it or what products to use so I'm looking for input from people with experience. The panels are just aluminum that are painted black, no clear coat. The panels have a little staining from sitting outside and having rain water running off the roof. Can I get away with just a wash with car soap and then apply just any wax or is there a wax I should use that would take some of the staining out but not harm the trailer as I'm sure the paint is thin and probably fragile? Has anyone used a porter cable on there black trailer or should I be hand waxing? The trailer panels don't have any screws or rivets they are taped on so I won't have to worry about that. Any advice or input would be appreciated!

Mike Phillips
10-26-2016, 08:56 AM
The panels have a little staining from sitting outside and having rain water running off the roof.

You want to use a one-step cleaner/wax.

The benefit and the idea behind using a one-step cleaner wax to LARGE objects that are NOT show cars is because then you can,

Clean
Polish
Wax

In one step. No one in their right mind would want to,

Compound
Polish
Wax

That is do three dedicated steps to a trailer. Same goes for other large objects like jets, boats, trains, etc.

So I'd recommend a good one-step cleaner/wax. Two that I've used that both work really well are HD Speed and McKee's 37 360

If it were me, I would machine apply the cleaner/wax using a foam polishing pad on a simple tool like a Porter Cable 7424XP or a Griot's Garage 6" DA

Hope that helps...

:)