PDA

View Full Version : Interior Detailing - Show me what's best and what to buy....

Pages : [1] 2 3

TTQ B4U
10-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Okay, so as I move forward into winter, as much as I hate detailing interiors, I'm going to and would like insight from all of you on what products to look at buying. Give me the best as I only want to buy what works and is proven through your use. All products read like they are the end-all-be-all but we all know that's not true thus why I value the first hand experiece of everyone here.

What would you suggest in terms of products and processes to use for cleaning intereiors?

Carpet
Fabric Seats
Leather cleaning, etc.

Thanks!

Eldorado2k
10-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Carpet Cleaning: Megs APC@10:1 works great. Spray directly onto carpet and agitate with med bristled nylon brush, mop up with quality terry towels that don't lint.
McKee's Hi Intensity APC@4:1. Lately I've been using this in place of Megs APC because this product doesn't require rinsing and therefore keeps the carpet cleaner, longer after I've cleaned it. Same process. Just make sure to use it @4:1 because it's not quite up to snuff @10:1.
Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: I haven't used this myself, but it's new and the reviews look quite impressive, so you might want to consider this product.

Leather cleaning: I use Megs D181 RTU Leather Cleaner. For regular maintenance, spray onto a quality terry towel and wipe your leather interior clean after vacuuming. Turning to a clean side for the final wipe. Picks up a considerable amount of dirt and leaves the leather with a crisp clean look and feel. Completely matte.

Dash & Nav Screen: As a final wipe on the dash & woodgrain areas, including clear plastic instrument panel, I use Mothers Revision Glass & Surface Cleaner. Works great at cleaning up light grease and fingerprints and leaves everything spot and streak free. Safe on all dash & console areas.

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-25-2016, 07:59 AM
ONR all of the things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spewking
10-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Leather master products for leather seats....I am really impressed with LM

custmsprty
10-29-2016, 08:53 PM
I love this stuff:

SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Sonax leather cleaner conditioner, sonax leather care (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-leather-foam.html)

Eldorado2k
10-29-2016, 08:55 PM
I love this stuff:

SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Sonax leather cleaner conditioner, sonax leather care (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-leather-foam.html)

You work the foam in with a brush? Or towel?

custmsprty
10-29-2016, 09:05 PM
You work the foam in with a brush? Or towel?

I use a lower end mf towel becasue all my leather is perforated. I psray iton the towel and work it in. I'm sure you could use a not too aggressive brush on non perforated leather if you wanted too.

Mad Wax
10-30-2016, 12:25 AM
A steamer...even the low cost ones are more than enough needed for auto interior.

oneheadlite
10-30-2016, 09:26 AM
ONR all of the things.

What appearance does ONR leave dash trim and door panels with? On a scale from just a wet towel wipe down, maybe an interior detailer (like meguiars or griot's), or a full scale interior treatment?

Anyone ever have any trouble with soft-touch surfaces like switch gear or door grips and the like? I've had some products that have left them sticky, even after making sure they're fully cleaned.

Eldorado2k
10-30-2016, 11:05 AM
I use a lower end mf towel becasue all my leather is perforated. I psray iton the towel and work it in. I'm sure you could use a not too aggressive brush on non perforated leather if you wanted too.

How safe would you feel about steam cleaning your perforated leather seats? Reason I'm asking is because I've got a Lincoln Navigator with tan/beige perforated leather seats coming up soon for an interior detail. I'm still undecided about how exactly I'm going to attack it. It's not really in too bad of shape, but of course I'm looking to make a difference on it.

I'm either going to go at it with Megs D181 and terry towels, D181 and a soft brush, or D181 + steam.

vanev
10-30-2016, 02:10 PM
- Wet/dry shop vac.
1. Rigid.
2, Harbor Freight.

- Steam cleaner.
1. McCulloch 1385.
2. Vapamore MR100

- Dedicated interior microfiber towels and dedicated glass microfiber towels.
1. Cobra Waffle Weave.
2. Griots Garage

- Tint safe glass cleaner:
1. Griots Garage Window Cleaner.
2. Stoner's Invisible Glass.
3. Armor All Auto Glass.

- Dressing for plastic and vinyl:
1. Any Meguiar's product will do.

- Leather Cleaner and Conditioner:
1. Meguiar's D180.
2. Meguiars D181

- Carpet and Upholstery:
1. Meguiars D106 Fiber Rinse and Tannin Stain Remover.
2. Meguiars D116 Protein Stain Remover
3. Griots Garage Interior Cleaner.
4. Shout Auto Carpet Foam (for LSP scent).

- Degreaser and APC:
1. Meguiars D101.
2. Meguiars D108.
3. Simple Green Crystal.
4. LA Awesome.

- Interior protectant.
1. Aerospace 303 products.
2. Never Wet.

- Assorted brushes, scrub pads, and magic eraser.

willowcat11
10-30-2016, 03:55 PM
As for an Interior Protectant, I've found my favorite in Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. It has a really nice satin look and feel to it. Not fake or greasy looking like some. But the biggest thing with it is it's durability. I've had it on both my interior Vinyl and Leather for close to 8 months now, and it still repels Dust and spills greatly! I do plan to clean it and reapply it here soon though. There is a few spots in the car that look like that it may have faded a little. Yes it costs more money than some, but it also goes a loooong way too.

Firehouse Mike
10-30-2016, 06:51 PM
I try to keep it fairly simple....

*Megs Leather Cleaner for (leather or vinyl) seats and door panels, Griots 3 in 1 Leather for a final clean and condition.
*Folex and or Megs D102 Foaming carper cleaner for carpets, fabric seats and headliner.
*Megs Hyperdressing at 6:1 for all interior dressing.
*Steam for dash, vents and tight areas. Megs Quick Interior for nav screens.

Mike

GSKR
10-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Hyper dressing diluted to your liking last along time.ultima interior cleaner for seats and of course the interior.carpets foam aerosol.

BrutalNoodle
10-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-shampoo.html).

Bought a small bottle to try. Love it. Picked up a gallon. Foams up nicely & wipes away clean. Doesn't require much to get the job done and no tacky feel like with certain apc.

Tried Blackfire Interior Cleaner, but not a fan. I don't like the way it feels after wiping down the steering wheel. For that I actually prefer D114 @ 1:128, Inner Clean, or even UWW+ (rinseless solution).