PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives for D114?

Pages : [1] 2

hdez
10-23-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm looking for a spray detail that doesn't leave anything behind. Would be nice if it comes on concentrated formula.

3D has one called "Spray Detailer" but it is not sold on AG and it is not concentrated.

LEDetailing
10-23-2016, 08:43 PM
That is why I ordered a second/last gallon of D114. I'm no help. I've heard regular ONR is a good 114 substitute.

hdez
10-23-2016, 08:55 PM
That is why I ordered a second/last gallon of D114. I'm no help. I've heard regular ONR is a good 114 substitute.

But will ONR leave something (polymers or lubricants) on the paint?

FUNX650
10-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Poorboy's World Waterless Wash
is pretty daggone close to being a:
"chip-off-the-ol'-(D114)-block".

Bob

The Guz
10-23-2016, 11:33 PM
But will ONR leave something (polymers or lubricants) on the paint?

It's very minute and it doesn't leave behind a lot of polymers. It's close to D114 and cleans just as good.

hdez
10-24-2016, 12:51 AM
Poorboy's World Waterless Wash
is pretty daggone close to being a:
"chip-off-the-ol'-(D114)-block".

Bob

That would be perfect if it was concentrated formula. Unless I don't find something similar, I'll get this. Thanks

jcaustin87
10-24-2016, 09:36 AM
I remember reading someone was going to give McKee's Matte Finish Cleaner a shot.

I'm like you. I loved D114s cleaning abilities and the fact it didn't add anything on top of my LSP.

Kiddetailer
10-29-2016, 04:46 AM
The problem with ONR is that it stains media like Microfiber towels...and typically I use the Rag Company towels...which aren't the cheapest towels, and so I want them to look unstained. I'm waiting for my Big Red Sponge to get here and give that a go, but I also hear the BRS doesn't clean the paint as well as the towels and there may be "missed spots" found when I go ahead and dry the car.

Setec Astronomy
10-29-2016, 08:07 AM
The problem with ONR is that it stains media like Microfiber towels...and typically I use the Rag Company towels...which aren't the cheapest towels, and so I want them to look unstained.

I also dislike this. I use MF wash pads (including the Bone sold here) and one day I got some grease from a lower body panel on one (like suspension grease from somewhere). So I sprayed that spot with APC and rubbed it in before throwing in the washing machine. That spot came out like new while the rest of the pad remained that dingy black/gray. I'm going to fool around with a quick APC presoak next wash and see if that will be an easy way to remove the staining...I'm just afraid it will require to concentrated a mix of APC.

MI Mike
10-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Just a thought. FWIW. Since Meguiars has dropped D114. Why couldn't someone/company buy the formula and produce it.?

jcaustin87
10-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Just a thought. FWIW. Since Meguiars has dropped D114. Why couldn't someone/company buy the formula and produce it.?

You're assuming they'd sell it. I'm sure there's some secret sauce in there that they wouldn't want to sell as part of the formulation.

Nick McKees37
10-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Fear not fellas, I'm working on something that will knock your socks off. ;)

hdez
10-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Is that coming this year? :)

ChiBears
10-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Great, make sure it has similar versitility and you will have a home run product.

The Guz
10-29-2016, 12:46 PM
The problem with ONR is that it stains media like Microfiber towels...and typically I use the Rag Company towels...which aren't the cheapest towels, and so I want them to look unstained. I'm waiting for my Big Red Sponge to get here and give that a go, but I also hear the BRS doesn't clean the paint as well as the towels and there may be "missed spots" found when I go ahead and dry the car.

Get yourself some blue eagle edgeless. You won't notice the staining. Either way the staining won't hinder the performance of the towel.

I have not had any issues using the BRS with ONR. Cleans just as well as microfiber towels. I have not had issues with "misses spots". It won't remove hard caked on grime in one pass. Just like a towel it needs just a tad more pressure and another pass.