PDA

View Full Version : Wall paint for garage

Sicoupe
10-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Hey guys! Was wondering if I could get some feed back from you all, I'm gonna be painting my 3 car garage so I can start washing my vehicles in there. What would be the best paint to help with water repelling and not getting mildew. I'm not expecting to get the walls very wet just want to be on the safe side. Thanks for any help.

kyle

Just02896
10-21-2016, 10:34 PM
I've always used slightly off white satin bathroom paint for the walls and regular satin white interior paint for the ceiling. The satin sheen helps reflect light w/o highlighting defects on the walls. Satin is also a little easier to clean than eggshell. If your walls are damn near perfect you could also opt for semi-gloss or full gloss if you'd prefer.

TTQ B4U
10-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Top of the line Valspar from Lowes is by far the best paint I've used. Super super 1 coat coverage ability and it holds up to scrubbing and more. I've been very impressed. It's like $32/gal maybe a bit more but it's solid and worth it.

I'm going to be painting my garage and it will be my go-to primer/paint in one product. Go with a satin or eggshell. I wouldn't do semigloss for the sake of prep the next go-round.

Rodinator
10-22-2016, 05:59 AM
i did the inside of a 3 car garage and used exterior paint specifically Sherwin Williams Super Paint gloss. It worked really well if I got water on the walls, dirt or anything use a spray detailer and a microfiber and it looked like new. It's not cheap but it was well worth the cost and effort. Additionally I had baseboard trim all around and sealed up between the concrete short wall and trim and on top of the trim to wall to keep any water from getting in under the trim and getting the drywall wet that was my biggest concern. Wet drywall is a pain.