PDA

View Full Version : Udm

Excessive Detail
11-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Okay I already have two DAs and was thinking about switching to a UDM and I wanted to hear you guyzes opinion about it, is it that much better? Thanks.

budman3
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I personally don't see any huge differences. I'd hold out and wait for a newer version of the machine ... there are a few kinks that need to be worked out. I'm sure an updated version of the UDM would be better, especially since you already have 2 others.

Edit- I guess I should be a little more specific. The UDM is basically a PC with exception of speed 6. The rest of the speeds are very close but speed 6 is like overdrive compared to a PC. The UDM still vibrates. I don't have any problems with the vibes with the PC and the UDM is no different. Not a big issue with me. As for updates- maybe fix the vibes that are there, the switch (which is now fixed), a more rugged casing, longer cord, maybe a direct drive (pad always spinning), things like that.

dontsleeponit
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I am totally happy with my UDM after the switch fix. Cant say enough good stuff about it. But if you ask me, it would not be worth the money to upgrade from a PC.

If anything, consider that flex machine that there the thread about, or maybe consider learning a rotary. Those two would be far better options I would think if your looking to get more out of your polisher then what a PC can give you.

wytstang
11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I picked up a UDM during the AG sale and I'm very happy with it (new switch is on the way). Since I've always used speed 6 I find it better then the PC (95% of time I use for removing scratches only). Also the stronger motor lets you apply more pressure if needed with out bogging the machine down so quick (which I like). I would hold out for an updated version that was said to be in the works.

supercharged
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Okay I already have two DAs and was thinking about switching to a UDM and I wanted to hear you guyzes opinion about it, is it that much better? Thanks.
it's defenetely worth it. I love my UDM. It gets you to your wanted results sooner. Couple it up with Menzerna Nano polishes, and you will be spoiled quickly!:buffing:Im the MAN

Driven Auto Detail
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I have a PC and UDM. My PC has been allocated to carpet shampooing only! The UDM is definitely more powerful and I only use speed 5. If you don't buy a UDM, wait for the new Meg's ROB or get yourself a good rotary.

wolfpacker92
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
If you are willing to spend the money get the Flex it is not quite a rotary but like a PC on steroids!

Bonifax
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
If you are willing to spend the money get the Flex it is not quite a rotary but like a PC on steroids!

And what would be the difference Flex vs. Metabo?

Catman
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
OK ...I bought the UDM and regret the decision ...I wish I had bought the PC ...the fit/finish of the UDM is something I would expect from Harbor Freight. PC is a more 'quality' feeling tool.

JMHO,

>^..^<

Driven Auto Detail
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I can understand the switch issue, but the new switch works perfectly fine. Beyond that though, the UDM offers more power which is ultimately what people are looking for out of a buffer. I can't imagine going back to a PC. That thing bogs down way too easy.

Excessive Detail
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM

I have been wonder about the flex, have you used it before and were can you find them, pm. me with any details on it.

klumzypinoy
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
From what I've read, Flex sounds way better!