PDA

View Full Version : Optimum power clean

emmjay
10-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

I recently got lucky and picked up 2 gallons of OPC (things that we refer to when it comes to getting lucky lol....thanks AG).

I got excited as I remember reading amazing things about it, so I picked up 2 gallons.....

1. What do you guys use it for and at what dilution?

2. Can it replace my Meguiars APC?

Go.

glfnaz
10-19-2016, 09:46 AM
I use it as an APC at 3:1
Very good product.

jaimz11
10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
I use it 3:1 or 4:1 for exterior cleaning like wheels, tires and even paint (mostly as a pre soak for bugs and tar). Don't let it dry on paint though!

I'll dilute 10:1 for interior cleaning where I really need something strong. ONR (standard dilution) and Meguiar's Quik Interior Cleaner are usually good enough and OPC is only a last resort.

I know its more expensive, but I like it better than other APCs because its safe for all surfaces and seems to do an excellent job.

emmjay
10-19-2016, 10:30 AM
I use it as an APC at 3:1
Very good product.

Thanks man!

I use it 3:1 or 4:1 for exterior cleaning like wheels, tires and even paint (mostly as a pre soak for bugs and tar). Don't let it dry on paint though!

I'll dilute 10:1 for interior cleaning where I really need something strong. ONR (standard dilution) and Meguiar's Quik Interior Cleaner are usually good enough and OPC is only a last resort.

I know its more expensive, but I like it better than other APCs because its safe for all surfaces and seems to do an excellent job.

I actually got it cheaper than Meguiars APC, albeit by a few AED (local currency). However, meguiars is quite a distance away with a good hour of traffic both ways. OPC was available a mere 20 mins away. Another win for the product.

Thanks for the recommendations. I see this as a good product.

I mainly use APC for wheels, tires, wheel wells, exhausts etc. I have been using Megs QID and Aerospace 303 since I got my car for the interior and for a beige interior it still looks brand new 10 months on. :D

Was always worried about megs APC 10:1 for seats but I have heard OPC is gentle(r). Hope thats true. Either product would dry the leather but a conditioner type product after should solve that yes?

Tempest45
10-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Yvan Lacroix of Optium has stated that he starts with 20:1 for leather.

emmjay
10-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Yvan Lacroix of Optium has stated that he starts with 20:1 for leather.

Thanks man.

Keep em coming :D

Dereksdtail
10-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Opc melts bugs and tar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emmjay
10-19-2016, 11:23 PM
NO way! Okay thats awesome. Tar remover was on my list for a while but nothing available locally.

:)

Paul A.
10-20-2016, 08:40 AM
I tried a sample of it some time ago and was blown away by it. I would use it exclusively if not for the expense but it is a phenomenal APC.

emmjay
10-20-2016, 01:13 PM
I tried a sample of it some time ago and was blown away by it. I would use it exclusively if not for the expense but it is a phenomenal APC.

Thanks man, thats reassuring :D