PDA

View Full Version : Dilution for pre soak

Jeremy1976
10-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Wolfgang Uber RW.

What are you guys diluting it down to for a pre soak before RW?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FUNX650
10-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Wolfgang Uber RW.

What are you guys diluting it down to
for a pre soak before RW
Uber's recommended RW dilution ratio
is 1oz.-product:3gals.-water (1:384).

If I were to ever use Uber as a pre-soak,
I'd dilute it to where it's at a 1:128 ratio.

Bob

Jeremy1976
10-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Uber's recommended RW dilution ratio
is 1oz.-product:3gals.-water (1:384).

If I were to ever use Uber as a pre-soak,
I'd dilute it to where it's at a 1:128 ratio.

Bob
That's what I was thinking Bob. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
10-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I use the standard 1oz to 3 gals. I don't see a reason to mix it up greater than that for a pre-soak. I say that as it's been working for me even on very dirty cars.

emmjay
10-19-2016, 09:22 AM
I use the standard 1oz to 3 gals. I don't see a reason to mix it up greater than that for a pre-soak. I say that as it's been working for me even on very dirty cars.

+1

I don't see why I should use more product for my presoak.

Presoak is optional either way.

So based on that logic, if I were using 1oz per 3 gallons for my solution, I would use the same for a presoak.

jaimz11
10-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Regardless of RW brand, I always use the standard dilution as a pre-soak.

addysdaddy
10-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Regardless of RW brand, I always use the standard dilution as a pre-soak.

:iagree::whs::iagree:

BadgerRivFan
10-19-2016, 11:23 AM
I've always used a waterless wash dilution ratio for my pre-soak. Perhaps this uses more product than is really necessary, but it has always worked well for me. This is what is recommended on AG's product page for Uber...

"Add 1/3 ounce to an empty 16 ounce bottle and fill it up with water to create a waterless wash. This application works especially well to pre-treat each panel before washing it using the rinseless wash method."

ellens2
10-19-2016, 11:25 AM
I also use the same dilution ratio. I also don't make a separate batch just for pre-soak. I fill my pre-soak container from the bucket I just mixed.

Tempest45
10-19-2016, 12:24 PM
I've been using 42:1 (WW) but it's probably overkill. I'm going to try 128:1 so that it matches the clay dilution.

LEDetailing
10-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Depends how much of that pink magical Uber I have left in my nifty 16oz self-measuring bottle:)

For a garage queen that never sees real driving conditions I'd go with weaker dilution. Heavier for daily drivers.

I've only used for pre-soak my detail strength dilution 3oz to a gallon (distilled), because it is all I have pre-mixed. I use Uber at the recommended 1oz to 3 gallons for regular GD RW method.

I keep a gallon of Uber detail spray (3oz to gallon) mixed in a distilled gallon. I never worry about how much detail spray I use when the gallon is there. Uber and Speed my two favorite products:)

BrutalNoodle
10-19-2016, 09:35 PM
This is going to sound funny, but all suggestion are correct. lol

Rinseless solution is nice for breaking up that light film.
Waterless solution does a great job at encapsulating heavier buildup.
Detail spray is excellent when you want the extra shine, and believe me, you WILL notice the difference in gloss with the pretreat.

BTW, the clay lube solution also works well for glass cleaning. Just the right amount of cleaning power, without being too heavy (smears) or too weak (hazy).

Tempest45
10-20-2016, 10:20 AM
I used the 128:1 last night for a presoak on my rather dusty car and it seemed to work OK. I'm using 256:1 in the bucket for extra slickness.

BrutalNoodle, I agree about the 128:1 for glass. Worked great!

BrutalNoodle
10-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Pretty good for maintenance, right? Of course when dealing with some serious/stubborn stuff that's when you pull out a dedicated product. The best in my arsenal is Scholl Concepts Ice Glass Cleaner Gel. Was really hopping to see it when the line was carried here on AG.

If you have some CG V7 & D114, try: 1 part D114 (from 1:128) with 1 part V7. Good stuff. Super slippery & leaves the glass very glossy. Mixture courtesy of fly07sti.

BTW, I've just now noticed you're in Vegas! Ha, no wonder you mentioned dealing with residue. With the crazy & dry tempt, no wonder your experience is a bit more colorful than others. AG should send you stuff to test out. If products do well there, it'd more than likely do well for out door detailers.

Tempest45
10-24-2016, 11:04 AM
Free stuff would be great! :props: And yes, the high heat with lack of humidity makes for unique challenges.

I do have D114 and CG Matte detailer. It's probably V-07 without the gloss enhancers. Using it for window tint and nav screens now and am happy so far.

I may try your mix and see how it goes.