PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for matte finish LSP?

Pages : [1] 2

choijw2
10-18-2016, 02:44 PM
as title says,

What do you guys use for matte finish paint AND wheel protection???

refreshauto
10-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Either coat it or use a wax for matte finishes. There are a few but not sold here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronkh57
10-18-2016, 03:45 PM
I believe Mckees just came out with a cleaner/protector for matte decals

dad07
10-18-2016, 03:56 PM
McKee’s 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/matte-finish-cleaner-protectant.html)

Here you go.

choijw2
10-18-2016, 04:12 PM
Well I have a bottle of McKee's

but is it good enough to be used as dedicated LSP?

Personally, I refuse to spend any more money on CG products like Jet seal for matte.
and I know swissvax make matte paint wax and DrBeesly have nice matte wheels protection,
but looking for more options because they are $$$$

dad07
10-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Well I have a bottle of McKee's

but is it good enough to be used as dedicated LSP?

Personally, I refuse to spend any more money on CG products like Jet seal for matte.
and I know swissvax make matte paint wax and DrBeesly have nice matte wheels protection,
but looking for more options because they are $$$$

I have not used it yet but was trying to help...I do know that Mike P and Nick have some reviews and experience with that Product and maybe they can answer that question.

choijw2
10-18-2016, 04:50 PM
I have not used it yet but was trying to help...I do know that Mike P and Nick have some reviews and experience with that Product and maybe they can answer that question.

Oh I wasnt being like that... haha

Thank you for your help sir.
:)

dad07
10-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Oh I wasnt being like that... haha

Thank you for your help sir.
:)

Oh no I didn't take your comment that way at all.....I have asked Nick to chime in and maybe he can answer your question. I am also very curious as well.

refreshauto
10-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Coating is your best bet. Once that matte finish is stained, that stain isn't going any where

choijw2
10-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Coating is your best bet. Once that matte finish is stained, that stain isn't going any where

I guess you would need coating made for Matte paint?
Other wise I would guess it will add some gloss to it

refreshauto
10-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Coatings will not add gloss to a matte finish. There are no coatings for matte finishes

choijw2
10-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Dr Beasley have coating for matte pains, but not sure... It might be marketing...

refreshauto
10-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Dr Beasley have coating for matte pains, but not sure... It might be marketing...

I hadn't seen that one, but if they make it, it will be worth it in the end. I have seen just about every coating applied to a matte finish and come out with great results

ChiBears
10-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Chemical Guys have a specific version of Jet Seal for matte finishes. You will have to check the manufactures site because it doesn't look like Autogeek carries the matte specific version of Jet Seal although they have the std version. I have not tried it but I am considering it for longer lasting protection.

I do have the McKees spray cleaner and protectant. I like the cleaning ablilty on the application I used it for. It doesn't appear to give a long lasting protection. I don't think it was intended to compete with sealants or coatings.

WillSports3
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Jetseal is very hit and miss amongst a lot of people. Some people get 6 months out of it, others get about a few weeks. Not sure why but Chemical Guy products just seem very hit and miss. I'd take Refreshautos suggestion and go with a coating. A good coating on a matte car won't gloss up just because it's a coating, a coating is still a transparent layer so it makes non-matte cars look extra shiney. With Matte cars, it'll just make the colour look more intense as opposed to suddenly gloss it up.