PDA

View Full Version : Need to remove latex paint overspray from 2016 Chevy paint

Zee19
10-18-2016, 01:28 PM
The title says it all, I havent seen the truck yet but just wondering what methods I should use so I can give the guy an accurate quote depending how bad it is. I would prefer not to use an aggressive compound on or wetsand such a new truck any products or ideas? Thanks guys.

Mike Phillips
10-18-2016, 01:33 PM
If it's HOUSE LATEX PAINT

Then try this

Motsenbockers #5

And also, for what it's worth... some jobs are better turned down and as I like to say,

"Let the other guy have the blessing"

:)

Zee19
10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Wow thanks for the fast answer. If its really bad I will turn him down but it was on a construction site and up to 5 trucks got hit. Thats a lot of money to pass on. Thanks again Mike

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
There's some stuff I got at the hardware store that removes latex house paint safely from my polyurethane hardwood floors. Not sure if it will work on car paint but it seemed pretty mild. It's in the paint section and in a spray bottle if that helps, I don't remember the name of it, sorry.

TTQ B4U
10-18-2016, 05:06 PM
If it's HOUSE LATEX PAINT

Then try this

[B]Motsenbockers #5

Came here to post this. Just used it last week to get some paint splatter from my Honda Mower and other items that I forgot to cover while working on the garage ceilding. Worked extremely well.

GSKR
10-18-2016, 05:30 PM
Came here to post this. Just used it last week to get some paint splatter from my Honda Mower and other items that I forgot to cover while working on the garage ceilding. Worked extremely well.
Is that a Home Depot retail product?

ellens2
10-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Motsenbockers #5 also just called Lift Off should be available at any hardware store that sells paint. It only works on Latex paint.

GSKR
10-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Ok thanks,I actually used it before thanks again.