PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions

Pages : 1 [2]

RPPM
10-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Even though it is not slippery to the touch, I have found nothing that keeps a car or any metal it is applied to cleaner.

AZpolisher15
10-19-2016, 02:16 AM
Roger That, please excuse my terminology. I'm going to look at the other suggestions also.
Additionally, I do take care of the trailer it's powerwashed after every trip, and I have been known to replace several fenders over the life span... LOL
I just picked WG's Uber Ceramic due to the name... " ceramic ". I have found with at least the Collinite that vehicle surfaces seem to do better with a few coats ( could be just my impression ) . At least the 915.
You probably know this already, but just wanna throw this out there-- you have a significant amount of prep work ahead of you if you plan on using a coating. Adhesion/application is a little more finicky that that of waxes and sealants.

mankave1
10-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Well.... I have enlisted the help of my local detailing guy , I don't have the time nor the facility to enclose the trailer during the process. I store it indoors during the summer , it is an ATC Raven with a few upgrades . We will put WG's Ceramic to the test. Here is a pic for reference of the " before " appearance/condition .

boomdone
10-22-2016, 10:37 AM
Good luck! Thats going to be a whole lotta work to prep and coat that thing. I wouldve gone with a spray sealant or sealant applied with a DA but Im lazy like that. Looking forward to the results.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Will Hydro 2 last through winter? What's the durability of it like over time and in harsh climates? What's the longevity you've sen from it?

Its what I used for Winter prep packages when I lived in Syracuse. Of course, care affects longevity like every other product. What I enjoyed about it was that I could seal everything I could see, especially on trucks and SUVs.

mankave1
11-03-2016, 05:16 AM
Update: Today is the day of application, I'm glad to have asked for help. My detailer and I have been trying to line all the ducks in a row... since he's had to clear his workload, anticipate the weather and move around some of his clutter ... so that we can store the rig after the application in a dry bay over night. I sure hope this is worth it !!!! He's interested in it also so he can possibly over this to his client's.

There have been a few times during this process that I thought that maybe I should have selected something easier... however I'm in it for the long run.

Ebg18t
11-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Good luck. Post pics when it's done.

mankave1
11-17-2016, 05:13 AM
I'll have to get a few better pics. The sun is leaving us fast at days end, by the time I had left work , went to pick it up and drove home I only snapped a couple. It sure does reflect the backround pretty good.

I wasn't very happy with my detailing budd ( ? ) he sealed a couple panels that had some swirl marks due to the polishing . We decided on a ultra fine polish to hit it with ( 3M ) stuff I had in my arsenal. Additionally , after all the washing, WG coating prep, light polish to remove some stains & paint issues then WG paint prep a 2nd time.... he had only used 10cc+ a little of the ceramic coating. We only did the panels ( Black ), the bare aluminum has another product on it that I'm good with and we couldn't find a definitive way to remove it.

Since we were trying to put our heads together and have never used the product before we were cautious. Obviously made some mistakes... such as not having an adequate sized facility w/ good lighting. The lighting was better on one side than the other and he obviously didn't pull the trailer out into the sun for a paint surface DBL check before sealing. There were concerns with drying it after the wash thoroughly , keeping the dust down, ect... So it was a challenge. On the bright side... I have enough sealant left to do my wife's car + .

The gloss looks good, regardless of what can be viewed in the pics.

I

Ebg18t
11-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Good work. Your ready for work get now.

MIsnowman
11-20-2016, 07:55 AM
Looks nice. Might want to hit the side vent with some plastic restorer though.