PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 Tire & Rubber Rejuvantor

willowcat11
10-15-2016, 10:25 PM
I am buying bulk in tire cleaner this evening. I have always used Meg's D143 for all my years of detailing. But now that I am learning new things, I wanting to find a product that is much better at removing the browning on tires. I hear that McKee's 37 Tire & Rubber Rejuvanator may be able to do this.

Would Mckee's 37 T&RR perform well enough to become a GO-TO tire cleaner on its own?

And since the price is higher, does it perform better enough than Meg's to justify.the higher cost?

Thankyou all!

Ray

fly07sti
10-15-2016, 10:50 PM
I do not have the Mckees but bought 5 gallons of it when it was DP and it cleans what d143 doesn't. ( I love & use d143 frequently ) On my truck I don't use any type of dressing and just like my tires to look clean and black. The tire and rubber rejuvenater keeps my tires looking great.

willowcat11
10-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks fly07sti! From what you've said, looks like I can keep D143 around for the regular general cleaning, then use the Rejuvanator when needed to make sure they are totally clean.

You Rock Dude! Have great night!

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

fly07sti
10-15-2016, 11:23 PM
That's exactly what I do. Ya I'm glad Cubs won. A's fan!

The Guz
10-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Cleans better than D143. The new version of Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner is another alternative. I like it tad better than McKee's 37 Tire Rejuvenator.

willowcat11
10-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Guz, thanks for the Tuf Shine suggestion. I'm gonna read up on it man.

Peace,

Ray

Eldorado2k
10-16-2016, 11:50 PM
IMO there's no real use in trying to clean the browning off tires. When you've cleaned them to the point when they're brown and dry they're ready to be dressed. If you want to experience forever black tires even after cleaning, use Hyper Dressing on them for a while.. Once they accept the Hyper Dressing they'll become conditioned to the point where they'll never turn brown no matter how much you clean them.

If that tire & rubber rejuvenator removes the browning, it leads me to believe it contains a conditioner making it similar to Meguiars M40. Clean, dry, sometimes brown, virgin tires are ideal IMO. That's how I love tonsee them just before I apply anything to them.

willowcat11
10-17-2016, 01:13 AM
You know what, thanks for mentioning that E2K! Because I had been cleaning the Absolute heck out of the last few vehicles I did, and no matter how many times I cleaned those damn tires, I felt I just could not get them clean because they kept ending up brown.

I'm talking going over each tire 4 or 5 times with D143. Now hearing what u said, I'm thinking the tires were very well cleaned enough. I ended up putting my protectant on and it looked great, but I felt uneasy that I was just covering up a dirty tire with tire protectant.

What u said helps me to understand what the heck is going on now.

Thanks Dude!

Ray

The Guz
10-17-2016, 01:32 AM
IMO there's no real use in trying to clean the browning off tires. When you've cleaned them to the point when they're brown and dry they're ready to be dressed. If you want to experience forever black tires even after cleaning, use Hyper Dressing on them for a while.. Once they accept the Hyper Dressing they'll become conditioned to the point where they'll never turn brown no matter how much you clean them.

If that tire & rubber rejuvenator removes the browning, it leads me to believe it contains a conditioner making it similar to Meguiars M40. Clean, dry, sometimes brown, virgin tires are ideal IMO. That's how I love tonsee them just before I apply anything to them.

No conditioners in either of these tire cleaners. Straight up cleaner that leaves the tires clean for a tire dressing or tire coating. It cleans even after D143 creates white suds. It is that much more powerful than D143.

M40 is a cleaner/conditioner. Won't stand a chance to either of these tire cleaners. I would probably even say it will remove the hyper dressing with ease.

Some tires will look brown even after a deep clean such as Michellins.

Eldorado2k
10-17-2016, 01:55 AM
No conditioners in either of these tire cleaners. Straight up cleaner that leaves the tires clean for a tire dressing or tire coating. It cleans even after D143 creates white suds. It is that much more powerful than D143.

M40 is a cleaner/conditioner. Won't stand a chance to either of these tire cleaners. I would probably even say it will remove the hyper dressing with ease.

Some tires will look brown even after a deep clean such as Michellins.

What about the anti ozone or whatever it's called that's built into most tires? IME that stuff's never ending and the tires will turn up brown again even after multiple washings just like Willowcat described.

This is an example of tires cleaned 4-5 times, and once dry they turn brown again.

http://i.imgur.com/UaJJ5ksh.jpg

If that rejuvenator can get rid of that never ending browning, it leads me to believe it's somehow covering it up, or leaving something behind [similar to Mothers Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner]? because there's no "cleaning" up something that is made to continue blooming from the rubber.

Eldorado2k
10-17-2016, 02:06 AM
Nvmd... I just read the description of the Tire Cleaner & Rejuvinator. Interesting description..

willowcat11
10-17-2016, 02:25 AM
The tires I did this weekend Were Michellins.

Eldorado2k
10-17-2016, 02:36 AM
The tires I did this weekend Were Michellins.

Good luck having anything last on them.. I hate Michelins. Lol