PDA

View Full Version : Is Wolfgang sealant 3.0 safe for Xpel ultimate?

Pages : [1] 2

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone

Finley after long time of searching I decided to buy wolfgang products

- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
- Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant
- Instant Detail Spritz
- Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

For my fully wrapped car with xpel ultimate

And in xpel website FAQ says :

“How do I wash the film? Can I use a quick detailer or detail spray?”

Yes, you may use any wash, wax, detailer, etc… that does not contain high amounts of petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene.

Paint Protection Film FAQ - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-film-installation-frequently-asked-questions-faq)

I contacted Palm Beach motoring
I believe they are the maker for Wolfgang products
I asked them if there products have petroleum distillates

I get this answer from autogeek
-------
All of the products listed on your list except the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant were formulated to be safe to use on the clear film protection.
-------

So now I don't know what dose that mean
He said it's safe
So it's mean doesn't contain petroleum distillates or not?

And Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0
Not formulated to be safe for film clear

And in autogeek page for WDGPS
Formula:Polymers, water-based

I don't know what water based mean?

He replied in one of the emails
-------
As far as what is in them I am not a chemist so i am not sure what is in the products I can tell you what they are safe to use them on since I have tested most of the products we carry.
------

When I asked for msds to check out for my self he said they send it only to shipping company so not for consumers

So to make it easier my questions

1- how to get the msds or at least to get clear answers if these products has petroleum distillates or not?

2- do you think it's good idea to use this product on xpel without knowing if it has petroleum distillates?
I mean these kind of products normally have or doesn't have petroleum distillates? Even if he said safe for clear film

3- for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 what dose mean water-based? And this the most important product how to know if it contain petroleum distillates or not? While he said it's not formulated for clear film?

I know these questions I should send it to the company maker
But the answers I get as you see not clear
Especially for Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick McKees37
10-14-2016, 02:09 PM
All of the products listed on your list except the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant were formulated to be safe to use on the clear film protection.

He said it's safe

That means all the products you inquired about are safe on the XPEL paint protection film except Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

How's this?

- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - Not Safe
- Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant - Safe
- Instant Detail Spritz - Safe
- Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash - Safe

:dblthumb2:

fightnews
10-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone

- Instant Detail Spritz

Yes, you may use any wash, wax, detailer, etc… that does not contain high amounts of petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene.

Paint Protection Film FAQ - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-film-installation-frequently-asked-questions-faq)

-------
-------

He said it's safe

-------
As far as what is in them I am not a chemist so i am not sure what is in the products I can tell you what they are safe to use them on since I have tested most of the products we carry.
------

When I asked for msds to check out for my self he said they send it only to shipping company so not for consumers

1- how to get the msds or at least to get clear answers if these products has petroleum distillates or not?

2- do you think it's good idea to use this product on xpel without knowing if it has petroleum distillates?
I mean these kind of products normally have or doesn't have petroleum distillates? Even if he said safe for clear film

3- for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 what dose mean water-based? And this the most important product how to know if it contain petroleum distillates or not? While he said it's not formulated for clear film?

Thank you

im sorry but i don't see how that's not clear? he said you can use everything except the deep gloss paint sealant, thats it, you can't use it? what about that are you not clear on?

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 02:33 PM
That means all the products you inquired about are safe on the XPEL paint protection film except Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

How's this?

- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - Not Safe
- Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant - Safe
- Instant Detail Spritz - Safe
- Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash - Safe

:dblthumb2:

Thank you Nick for quick response

im sorry but i don't see how that's not clear? he said you can use everything except the deep gloss paint sealant, thats it, you can't use it? what about that are you not clear on?
To be honest
I was expecting the answer
that does or does not have petroleum distillates not

You know clear film cost much
I don't want to miss with that

Thx

Eldorado2k
10-14-2016, 03:49 PM

His question is whether any of the 4 products contain petroleum distillates.
The answer he recieved was 3 of them are good to go, 1 of them not recommended for your situation.
... How can you not understand how he sort of still feels unsure?

Just imagine if you were to pull up to the only gas station in the middle of nowhere, and your car can only take 91 octane premium gas. You notice all the gas comes out of 1 pump. So you pay and specifically ask for premium 91 octane.. The man behind the counter replies, "oh yea no worries, it's unleaded, you're good"

How good are you gonna feel about pumping that gas into your ride based on that answer? Lol.

He simply wants to know if they contain petroleum distillates, if they do then his next question will be if any of them happen to be Naphtha or Kerosene. If they do, he'll move onto asking if it's in large quantities... Do you blame him for geeking out on the details? I don't.

GSKR
10-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone

- Instant Detail Spritz

-------
-------

He said it's safe

-------
------

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkplay it safe and buy xpel protector,it's made and intended for the film.yes ag sells endless products but imo xpel.I used it a couple of times on a porche mucan.Tommorow gonna try and repair a film with steam on a vw it self healing so we will see.Damage done by not using the correct product.

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 04:29 PM
His question is whether any of the 4 products contain petroleum distillates.
The answer he recieved was 3 of them are good to go, 1 of them not recommended for your situation.
... How can you not understand how he sort of still feels unsure?

Just imagine if you were to pull up to the only gas station in the middle of nowhere, and your car can only take 91 octane premium gas. You notice all the gas comes out of 1 pump. So you pay and specifically ask for premium 91 octane.. The man behind the counter replies, "oh yea no worries, it's unleaded, you're good"

How good are you gonna feel about pumping that gas into your ride based on that answer? Lol.

He simply wants to know if they contain petroleum distillates, if they do then his next question will be if any of them happen to be Naphtha or Kerosene. If they do, he'll move onto asking if it's in large quantities... Do you blame him for geeking out on the details? I don't.

Thanks bro for explaining
Really I want to know more details

I do my work and even I know what dose mean large quantities of petroleum distillates
If it's contain less than 5% you're safe to use that product

I read that comment from one of xpel employers in another fourm
I really care about details
And that what I want to hear

And because I really like Wolfgang
I asked to many times to get the answers
Even I contacted xpel for that Matter
But they are not sure about this specific product

Thank you

FUNX650
10-14-2016, 04:45 PM
•@Yaser222...
-Allow me to make it real easy on you.

1.) Your vehicle is wrapped in XPel Ultimate
2.) It has its own set of maintenance "rules"

Example:
•According to the below link that you posted...

Paint Protection Film FAQ - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-film-installation-frequently-asked-questions-faq/)

"Can I wax the film when I wax
the rest of the car?"
-Unlike most paint protection films on the market, XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection film can be waxed and sealed just like your paint. Though XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant is still the preferred product, any automotive wax or sealant may be used.

•Therefore, IMHO:
-All of the discussion regarding
Waxes/Sealants containing dyes;
petroleum distillates, (such as:
Naptha, Kerosene) is, for your
particular case: irrelevant; inapplicable

For All Other XPEL Protection Films' Care
Instructions...Use this link:

Care Instructions - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/postinstallation/care-instructions/)

•When all else is said and done:
-Yes!!...Wolfgang Deep Gloss
Paint Sealant 3.0 is safe to
use on the XPel Ultimate PPF.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 04:59 PM
play it safe and buy xpel protector,it's made and intended for the film.yes ag sells endless products but imo xpel.I used it a couple of times on a porche mucan.Tommorow gonna try and repair a film with steam on a vw it self healing so we will see.Damage done by not using the correct product.

You are right
Every item I want to use it first I check if it's safe for clear film

I think if I didn't find a good and safe alternative for WDGPS I will buy xpel sealant

Thanks for sharing your opinion

FUNX650
10-14-2016, 05:12 PM
I think if I didn't find a good and safe
alternative for WDGPS I will buy xpel sealant

See Post#8 above.

Bob

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 05:26 PM
See Post#8 above.

Bob
Sorry bro
I don't know why Tapatalk didn't show me your post before last reply maybe because I have slow connection refresh new post take longer time

Any way I will have look into now

Thx

Yaser222
10-14-2016, 06:20 PM
•@Yaser222...
-Allow me to make it real easy on you.

1.) Your vehicle is wrapped in XPel Ultimate
2.) It has its own set of maintenance "rules"

Example:
•According to the below link that you posted...

Paint Protection Film FAQ - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-film-installation-frequently-asked-questions-faq/)

"Can I wax the film when I wax
the rest of the car?"
-Unlike most paint protection films on the market, XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection film can be waxed and sealed just like your paint. Though XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant is still the preferred product, any automotive wax or sealant may be used.

•Therefore, IMHO:
-All of the discussion regarding
Waxes/Sealants containing dyes;
petroleum distillates, (such as:
Naptha, Kerosene) is, for your
particular case: irrelevant; inapplicable

For All Other XPEL Protection Films' Care
Instructions...Use this link:

Care Instructions - XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/postinstallation/care-instructions/)

•When all else is said and done:
-Yes!!...Wolfgang Deep Gloss
Paint Sealant 3.0 is safe to
use on the XPel Ultimate PPF.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Thank you for your helpful information
It makes sense for me

I really like WDGPS
Even I was thinking to top it with finish kare 1000p
But when I contacted finish kare support
They replay :

--------------------------
Dear Yaser, FK-1000P or BWM-101 does contain petroleum distillates and also some fine abrasives. So, I would not recommend it for your car which is protected by a film. 1000P can damage the film. Only FK products we will recommend is our car shampoos and wash and wax. You should use them diluted ones as recommended on its labels. 425, a show sine or detailer
----------------------

So I thought I will use only WDGPS
And heard not safe [emoji30]

Thank you for your time

fightnews
10-15-2016, 04:40 AM
Thank you Nick for quick response

To be honest
I was expecting the answer
that does or does not have petroleum distillates not

You know clear film cost much
I don't want to miss with that

Thx

what did u do with the film is it advertising or did u do it to cover bad paint? lots of people at my work talking about this?

vobro
10-15-2016, 07:22 AM
The recommended Xpel sealant has naphtha in it, http://www.xpel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016_XPEL_Paint.Prtctn.Film_.Sealant.pdf.

kestrel452
10-15-2016, 10:39 AM
The recommended Xpel sealant has naphtha in it, http://www.xpel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016_XPEL_Paint.Prtctn.Film_.Sealant.pdf.

This is mind boggling to me. I was actually discussing this topic on Autopia the other day...

I contaced both Xpel and the guys at Collinite yesterday. Without even saying petroleum solvents were the culprit, the Collinite rep said he thought it might pose an issue for the film because of the solvent content. I then called Xpel, they said to watch out for petroleum solvents, and named naphtha and kerosene specifically. I then called back Collinite, and they said 845 has naphtha....

So according to Xpel, I should not use waxes with naphtha, but their sealant is 10% naphtha and another 10% of other aromatic hydrocarbons...!?!?!?!? It's starting to sound more like a marketing ploy to get people to buy their aftercare products (which aren't any good to begin with). If the "solvents" don't harm clear coat or head/tail lamp lenses, why would they harm Xpel Ultimate?

Me personally...I'm wavering between using 845 and WG DGPS 3.0. I really don't want to use multiple products for each covered/uncovered panel.