PDA

View Full Version : Is Wolfgang sealant 3.0 safe for Xpel ultimate?

Pages : 1 [2]

Yaser222
10-15-2016, 11:43 AM
what did u do with the film is it advertising or did u do it to cover bad paint? lots of people at my work talking about this?

I don't know what you mean
I understand that you don't know what is clear film (sorry if I'm not right my English not perfect)

Any way
Clear film is (its clear color) for protecting your paint from from rock chips fine scratches like keys etc

And some of the films (like mine xpel ultimate,) have self healing
It mean with heat any small scratches
Like you get from bad wash clean method
Or if you scratch the film with metal brush
It will fix self with heat
Warm water or leave the car in sun for 30 to 60 minutes

You can go to YouTube search for
Clear film
The best 3 company on my research
1-xpel
2-suntek
3-3M

I hope that helps
Thx

The recommended Xpel sealant has naphtha in it, http://www.xpel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016_XPEL_Paint.Prtctn.Film_.Sealant.pdf.

Wow I never thought about searching for xpel sealant msds

And 10% I thought it's to much
See this post from xpel employee in AGO

==============

Hello all! Frank, thank you for question...You can most certainly use clay bar on ULTIMATE. Regarding buffing/waxing <b>as long as the products do not contain petroleum distillates, naphtha or kerosine, </b>then they are quite fine to use.<br />
<br />
To add a bit more to my statement, regarding the use Petroleum Distillates (Naphtha or Kerosine), products that contain 5% or less of the two compounds should be fine to use with ULTIMATE. The reason Naphtha and Kerosine are mentioned is because they're two known petroleum distillates that seem to cause issues with Paint Protection Film. Even then, it's only in higher concentrations.
==================== END

Thanks

This is mind boggling to me. I was actually discussing this topic on Autopia the other day...

I contaced both Xpel and the guys at Collinite yesterday. Without even saying petroleum solvents were the culprit, the Collinite rep said he thought it might pose an issue for the film because of the solvent content. I then called Xpel, they said to watch out for petroleum solvents, and named naphtha and kerosene specifically. I then called back Collinite, and they said 845 has naphtha....

So according to Xpel, I should not use waxes with naphtha, but their sealant is 10% naphtha and another 10% of other aromatic hydrocarbons...!?!?!?!? It's starting to sound more like a marketing ploy to get people to buy their aftercare products (which aren't any good to begin with). If the "solvents" don't harm clear coat or head/tail lamp lenses, why would they harm Xpel Ultimate?

Me personally...I'm wavering between using 845 and WG DGPS 3.0. I really don't want to use multiple products for each covered/uncovered panel.

Maybe 10% still safe for clear film
And I think it's more marketing for there products like you said

If we got the msds for WDGPS
We can decide our self if it's safe or not
At least known what the percentage in the product of it contain petroleum distillates it's going to make it easier to decide

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk