PDA

View Full Version : Can I use towels I cleaned polish with for detail?

Pages : [1] 2

lalojamesliz
10-14-2016, 12:42 AM
I have some chemical guys towels (yellow with silk edge)
And I used them to clean the Polish residue when I was cleaning up the paint on my suv.
If I clean them in the washer with some chemical guys microfiber cleaner could I use them with detail spray on the fresh paint or are they now strictly for cleaning up polish residue?
I'm really not trying to buy more right now. If only my wife knew how much I've spent..... ($450+ :( lol )

Legumes
10-14-2016, 01:11 AM
As long as the towels are actually coming clean, you should have no problems using them for different tasks. If you're still concerned, do a small test spot with the towels and make sure there are no issues. An area that is not frequently seen works great for test spots, something like a section of paint under the hood, inside a trunklid, door jamb, etc.

lalojamesliz
10-14-2016, 04:11 AM

emmjay
10-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Go for it! Polish is supposed to be water soluble so as long as you washed it with a good microfiber cleaner you are good to go!

LSNAutoDetailing
10-14-2016, 06:26 AM
Yes, absolutely.The products such as chemical guys microfiber cleaner or Micro Restore do an amazing job at restoring the MF's to like new.
Wash: on Cold/Cold; 2 rinses; extra-fast
Dry: Extra Low Heat/Gentle for 30 minutes
Use a lint roller to roll both sides of the towels, fold and place back in your storage bin, or wherever you keep them.

FUNX650
10-14-2016, 07:08 AM
If I clean them in the washer with
some chemical guys microfiber cleaner
could I use them with detail spray

•Even though I have no experience
with Chemical Guys' (CGs') microfiber
cleaner, I'll go out on a limb and say:
-Yes.

•Now, the $64,000 question:
-If you clean the microfiber towels,
(that have been used with detail
sprays), in the washer with CGs'
microfiber cleaner...can they then
be used "to polish", and/or, for other
car-care tasks as well?
-{Some detail spray products'
formulations can be quite robust.}

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2016, 07:33 AM
•Now, the $64,000 question:
-If you clean the microfiber towels,
(that have been used with detail
sprays), in the washer with CGs'
microfiber cleaner...can they then
be used "to polish", and/or, for other
car-care tasks as well?
-{Some detail spray products'
formulations can be quite robust.}

Bob

Very good point Bob.

:)

LSNAutoDetailing
10-14-2016, 07:45 AM
Bob has a great point, and to which I have one bin of dedicated Gold Plush JR just for polish & compound removal, and another full bin of Gold Plush Jr. just for LSP, QD, etc..

One could go absolutely obsessive, and then start to break out bins for specific polishes/compounds/qd's/Coatings & Sealants... This is where a certain amount of line-crossing of OCD'ism happens and I'm NOT going to cross it. :)

lalojamesliz
10-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Sweet! Thanks guys!
I currently have a new bottle of CG microfiber cleaner so I'll be using that.
The bottle says it's good for removing wax from the towels also :)
I only had a dozen towels when I was polishing my suv and I used some for the Polish and the rest for the wax :)
Should I pre-wash them in a bucket with something or just toss them in my washer?
A few have black paint from my rear bumper and door handles.
That's really all I have to ask guys....... now it's time to make some situations up ha ha ha j/k

LSNAutoDetailing
10-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Sweet! Thanks guys!
Should I pre-wash them in a bucket with something or just toss them in my washer?

I always pre-wash new towels out of the package before use.
Same instructions as given above...

lalojamesliz
10-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Do you pre-wash with microfiber cleaner or something else?

lalojamesliz
10-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to ruin my towels/paint :)

fightnews
10-14-2016, 01:04 PM
I have some chemical guys towels (yellow with silk edge)
And I used them to clean the Polish residue when I was cleaning up the paint on my suv.
If I clean them in the washer with some chemical guys microfiber cleaner could I use them with detail spray on the fresh paint or are they now strictly for cleaning up polish residue?
I'm really not trying to buy more right now. If only my wife knew how much I've spent..... ($450+ :( lol )

pfft ive spent a thousand just on here alone in the last five or six months since i bought my car. ive got a great collection of stuff though. and thats just what i spent on here not including autozone and those places. but anyway my answer is yes you can use them for detailing after they are washed absolutley

fightnews
10-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Bob has a great point, and to which I have one bin of dedicated Gold Plush JR just for polish & compound removal, and another full bin of Gold Plush Jr. just for LSP, QD, etc..

One could go absolutely obsessive, and then start to break out bins for specific polishes/compounds/qd's/Coatings & Sealants... This is where a certain amount of line-crossing of OCD'ism happens and I'm NOT going to cross it. :) to late lol, im just kidding i dont do that with mine but who am i to say where the line is i have over a hundred microfibers i love collecting them

ducksfan
10-14-2016, 01:21 PM
My biggest concern with MF is not contaminating my drying towels (glass and paint).