PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang dgps and klasse sealant question

fightnews
10-13-2016, 03:47 PM
hi all, i have klasse sealant topped with wolfgang dgps on my car now, fresh out of the garage last week, my question is, if i was to put some show car glaze or other gloss enhancing glaze on top of it all with a da and a waxing pad would that remove either sealant? i know this is a wolfgang forum but i just threw the klasse question in cuz i know a lot of you are familiar with both, thanks in advance guys

custmsprty
10-13-2016, 03:49 PM
If it were me, I'd leave it as is.

OCDetails
10-13-2016, 04:39 PM
I've got WG layered over Klasse on my car right now and that's all it needs. The only thing that improves the look of WG is more WG. I've experimented with a dozen different things on top of it and nothing improves it like more WG. Two or three coats is top of the mark and that's all you need. Anything else just takes away from the appearance in my honest opinion. Don't top it just for the sake of topping it. It really doesn't need anything else.

custmsprty
10-13-2016, 04:40 PM
I've got WG layered over Klasse on my car right now and that's all it needs. The only thing that improves the look of WG is more WG. I've experimented with a dozen different things on top of it and nothing improves it like more WG. Two or three coats is top of the mark and that's all you need. Anything else just takes away from the appearance in my honest opinion. Don't top it just for the sake of topping it. It really doesn't need anything else.

:iagree::dblthumb2::iagree::dblthumb2::iagree::dbl thumb2:

WaxMaster1
10-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Since the Wolfgang sealant is your LSP, if you insist on topping, maybe go with the new Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax

fightnews
10-14-2016, 02:20 PM
im sorry i wasn't clear, i was talking about like three months from now when i rewax with souveran or whatever. the klasse and deep gloss are supposed to last six months, i have them topped with souveran, it looks great but the souveran only lasts six to eight weeks, so i want to top it with show car glaze and more souveran in say eight weeks from now, is that going to remove my klasse and deep gloss two or even three months from now?

ducksfan
10-14-2016, 05:10 PM
No, it won't remove the sealant.

But, you're waiting 3 months to replace a wax you believe will be gone within 6 weeks. So, weather/sun will degrade it some.

You could use a booster like Sonax BSD or Blackfire Polymer Spray over or instead of the wax to bridge the gap.

Im not really suggesting you do the above. But, if you want to put something over the sealant, these are options.

Klasse Act
10-14-2016, 06:59 PM
The glaze is a filler, no need to put that "stuff" on top of KSG. Are you looking for more "pop" out of the paint? I ask because I tell everyone this, wait 12 hours after the first coat of KSG and add a 2nd coat, you'll thank me later!

fightnews
10-15-2016, 04:33 AM
No, it won't remove the sealant.

But, you're waiting 3 months to replace a wax you believe will be gone within 6 weeks. So, weather/sun will degrade it some.

You could use a booster like Sonax BSD or Blackfire Polymer Spray over or instead of the wax to bridge the gap.

Im not really suggesting you do the above. But, if you want to put something over the sealant, these are options.

i just threw three months out there it wont be that long, plus i use souveran spray wax every week. basically just wanting to know if klasse and or wolfgang can stand up to a glaze, wax and a waxing pad on a da?

fightnews
10-15-2016, 04:36 AM
The glaze is a filler, no need to put that "stuff" on top of KSG. Are you looking for more "pop" out of the paint? I ask because I tell everyone this, wait 12 hours after the first coat of KSG and add a 2nd coat, you'll thank me later!
i got three coats of klasse on there. i like to put show car glaze on the paint and let the oils soak in overnight before waxing it makes a big difference in the color. the black paint starts drying out and looking blue after a while the show car glaze always brings it back

Zubair
10-15-2016, 07:43 AM
M7 Glaze should remove sealant, its still a polish and coupled to the friction of a DA I am certain the sealant will be removed. No need for M7 on clear coat paint. No need for Klasse either if you have WGDGPS. Theres too much unnecessary/redundant steps here. If the paints already polished just apply a layer of lsp of your choice.
Don't overthink things.

Klasse Act
10-15-2016, 10:40 AM
I agree with the above comment, although I've been known to layer. I was polish the car out, wipe everything down real good and apply a coat of KSG, wait 12 hours and apply a 2nd coat of KSG. Afterwards I would just maintain with your favorite RW or WW and maybe once a month apply a coat of FrankenDetail, made with KSG, to maintain the finish.

Don't know about FrankenDetailer, drop me a PM and I'll let you know about it!