PDA

View Full Version : Honda Element Car & Truck Exterior Mouldings & Trim

kaliagent2001
10-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Wow long time on. Hope all is well all.

I have a question?

So have this honda element with plastic on the exterior. You know the years that they made plastic rubber fenders on the exterior. One of the reasons why I did not buy one, bought an xb instead and Honda was mad when I bought that into work. Anyways, Seems as though the fenders never been cleaned and properly restored. Any if you have an idea to what is the best way to permanent restore these plastic rubber fenders out on these honda elements?

Sorry for the no pictures

LSNAutoDetailing
10-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer, trim restorer, black plastic restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/solution-finish-restorer.html)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-13-2016, 11:56 AM
What color is the plastic fenders?

Reason I as I is a co worker has one in silver with blue plastic on it and a normal black trim dye won't work.

LSNAutoDetailing
10-13-2016, 12:43 PM
What color is the plastic fenders?

Reason I as I is a co worker has one in silver with blue plastic on it and a normal black trim dye won't work.

Good point! Most of the ones I've seen are black.

kaliagent2001
10-18-2016, 03:51 PM
thanks for that info.

Color is black, well was black now just all dirty and grey looking.

Ill have to order this Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer.

The Guz
10-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I posted this over on Autopia. If you want to learn about plastic then Chris of Solution Finish is one to listen to in this recent interview.

Chris West of Solution Finish on the Auto Detailing Podcast. Great info (http://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing-product-discussion/186085-chris-west-solution-finish-auto-detailing-podcast-info.html)

originalgoods13
10-18-2016, 08:59 PM
Hi there, I had a 2003 and I did have a hard time keeping the plastic panels in pristine condition. I believe I used all I one cleaner and used a firm bristle brush.