PDA

View Full Version : FC&S (521) over Liquid Souveran...?

ricka
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm an admitted QD-a-holic. Love to use the 521 whenever the car gets dusty--especially the hood so I can look at it shine while driving. Good news is no marring so far on the paint. That Audi clearcoat is like armor.

Question is will the cleaning properties of the 521 take off a Liquid Souveran application? I normally wait 24 hours before putting anything on wax. LS is a great looking wax but I've never confused it with a durable one.

Anyway, I'm guessing a Souveran Spray or other carnuba spray is a better choice, but just curious if normal QDing for light dust will compromise the wax...

Thanks much.

Rsurfer
11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm an admitted QD-a-holic. Love to use the 521 whenever the car gets dusty--especially the hood so I can look at it shine while driving. Good news is no marring so far on the paint. That Audi clearcoat is like armor.

Question is will the cleaning properties of the 521 take off a Liquid Souveran application? I normally wait 24 hours before putting anything on wax. LS is a great looking wax but I've never confused it with a durable one.

Anyway, I'm guessing a Souveran Spray or other carnuba spray is a better choice, but just curious if normal QDing for light dust will compromise the wax...

Thanks much.I doubt it, 521 was formulated as a QD. It does bother me that it will remove alge. I would think FCS would be a safer choice.

dengood1
11-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Liquid Souveran is actually decent in durability because of it's polymer make up.