PDA

View Full Version : Hand Car Wash

MJ Detailing
10-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Just wondering something. I want to try something new next year
I want to try and promote car washes while upselling other services. This year I got business word of mouth and I did better than expected. Do you think marketing car washes would be wise but meanwhile upselling other services. Would you or not?

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Of course, the car wash is the basic detailing service, no? Followed by "wash and wax", and other "upsells".

FrankS
10-12-2016, 03:56 PM
I guess it depends on what area you're in.

Personally I wouldn't promote car washes here in south FL otherwise I would just be competing with all the other regular car wash guys, and there are plenty of them down here.

That's just me though...

GSKR
10-12-2016, 07:20 PM
It's good for the first year to quickly get your name out there,then I would start weaning off that service.You can make money at it if you charge like 60.00.Tommorow I have a Tahoe Mercury mountaineer and Passat.Thats 180.00 be for 2 pm.These and 2 others I wash monthly.Carwash customers will always be carwash customers and that's it no upsell.But if your mobile and your doing a 60.00 car wash it gives you the exposure that might land you a correction job just from someone who is inquiring about your services.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Maybe focus more on where you're looking to promote this service. Business parks are great for what you're looking to do. Offer a wash and a wash & vac option. Maybe include a few add ons such as wax/sealant and a quick interior spruce up. Set up in one spot and do multiple cars. Saves on travel and time.