PDA

View Full Version : Detail spray after collonite 845 to remove fingerprints

Pages : [1] 2 3

lalojamesliz
10-11-2016, 04:25 AM
Hey guys,
I just finished polishing my black suv and I'm going to wash it next. I was planning on just using collonite 845 every few months with my porter cable 7424xp.
What detail spray would you guys recommend that won't affect the collonite wax? I really only want it to take care of fingerprints and bird droppings.
Should I really apply a sealer or will I be OK with the 845 alone?

GSKR
10-11-2016, 05:49 AM
845 should should get you close to 4 month maybe a little longer depending how you or what you wash with.Any meguairs or Blackfire carnauba spraywax will be fine.Not to confuse you,but I purchased gtech spray sealant yesterday.It put a shine on a white car like you wouldn't believe.Says 8 month durability we will see .

LSNAutoDetailing
10-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Welcome to AGO. My go to and favorite is Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Jeremy1976
10-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Meguiars D156!

emmjay
10-11-2016, 07:06 AM
+1 for D156 (Ultimate quik wax).

Or Ultimate quik detailer which I think is the same as the detailer line M135.

Desertnate
10-11-2016, 07:22 AM
845 should last a very long time, so there isn't really a need to apply it "every few months". When you start applying a spray wax to it, that timeline goes out even farther

I've used Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, Meguiars Quick Detailer, Pinnacle waterless wash, and Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray as a boster and/or smudge remover. All have worked well.

When using the UQW or the Blackfire Polymer Spray every couple of week, 845 was still going strong after 6 months. I probably could have gone much longer, but I typically do a seasonal correction and LSP refresh, so I never have really seen how long it would last.

lalojamesliz
10-11-2016, 07:35 AM
Wow! So many great replies :)
I work nights and post most of tge time when im on break. Usually when I post on most other forums I usually don't get replies until I'm asleep ha ha ha

So I'm new to auto detail but I love cars and have a fee I just never really got into detail as much as now.
I first bought jetseal from chemical guys but then I saw how much better the 845 and returned the jetseal.
I'll check out all of these and post what I go with. Thanks a lot guys :)

Paul A.
10-11-2016, 08:25 AM
+1 on Pinnacle Crystal Mist especially on Coll 845. Oh, and, welcome lalojamesliz! You'll find this place a refreshing change from any and ALL other forum sites.

Cruzscarwash
10-11-2016, 03:37 PM
if you just want it to remove the prints then D151 is great. I like it for the no addition of added wax

AZpolisher15
10-11-2016, 05:40 PM
I was very happy using DG Aquawax as a maintenance product when I had 845 applied. Great gloss and slick.

FUNX650
10-11-2016, 05:57 PM
What detail spray would
you guys recommend

that won't affect the collonite wax?

I really only want it to take care of
fingerprints and bird droppings.

•I'd usually recommend Meguiar's D114
at the "detail spray/WW" ratio...but it
has been discontinued. (Do you have any?)

•Instead...due to D114's above
noted status...I'll recommend:
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash: Just spray and wipe away dirt and grime with this quick cleaner! qed, poorboys waterless wipe, poorboys quick (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsaw16.html)

Should I really apply a sealer or
will I be OK with the 845 alone?
•Collinite #845 is fine without having to
be topped with another (different) LSP.

Bob

lalojamesliz
10-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I didn't really look when I ordered it in the morning but I ordered meguiars d156 x-press spray wax..... damn
It's the first thing that came up on amazon so I thought it was it.

Jag07
10-11-2016, 07:18 PM
I am new to detailing as well, this has been a good thread for me as well.

I sealed with Klasse and then topped with meguirs gold class wax and so far I like the gloss it gave. I did it for the double protection since winter is coming and I live in the northeast. I have been using meguiars ultimate quick detail with good effect. I am going to wash and wax again this weekend.

I just got some pinnacle waterless wash with carnuba to keep everything clean in the winter. We will see how that works out soon. And add extra protection with the large wash gap I'll have.

BrutalNoodle
10-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Any of the products these gents suggested would serve you well. Grab whichever is on sale (or all of them because...why not? lol).

This is one of the reasons why 845 is such a darling with many. Aside from its bang-for-the-buck reputation, the product also plays well with others.

Finish Kare 1000p (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html) is the other nice one for the money. And if you want that boutique look without spending a whole lot, Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (http://www.autogeek.net/four-star-ultimate-paint-protection.html) is worth considering.

TTQ B4U
10-11-2016, 08:42 PM
What detail spray would you guys recommend that won't affect the collonite wax? I really only want it to take care of fingerprints and bird droppings. Should I really apply a sealer or will I be OK with the 845 alone?

I'd recommend using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash. Mix it up as a waterless wash/detail spray and use that. It's designed to protect as you go so it will be safer and better than a regular detail spray.