PDA

View Full Version : UTTG or WETS ??

AZpolisher15
10-10-2016, 07:42 PM
I've read just about every review I can find on these two. If you've tried both, do you prefer one over the other? I've got about 3 more hours to decide... help me out, please!

The Guz
10-10-2016, 08:09 PM
I've only used WETS from these two and it's great stuff.

AZpolisher15
10-11-2016, 05:47 PM
When in doubt, get both. I'll come back with some 50/50's :)

Thanks Guz. I put the WETS in my cart, and with about 7 minutes left on the sale, I decided to throw the Ultima in there, too. As well as the WG Cockpit Sealant and Ultima Acrylic Wax. Done deal. Yikes. Now i need to stay off the store page for awhile.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2016, 06:01 PM
I've only used WETS from these two and it's great stuff.

Same here, but didn't Marc do a side-by-side and the WETS was a dust magnet? I used it on a friend's SUV with a lot of cladding a couple of months ago, and when I saw it a couple weeks ago it was just covered in dust (the cladding). Hopefully the wash I gave it evened it out.

AZpolisher15
10-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Same here, but didn't Marc do a side-by-side and the WETS was a dust magnet? I used it on a friend's SUV with a lot of cladding a couple of months ago, and when I saw it a couple weeks ago it was just covered in dust (the cladding). Hopefully the wash I gave it evened it out.
There were two 50/50's that I saw on the forum recently-- one was on a license plate frame. Another was a wiper cowl on an F150. The wiper cowl one had some nice photos and the products were nearly indistinguishable from one another. I don't recall the poster mentioning dust. I'll keep an eye on it.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Sorry, it was UTTG in this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/94563-review-comparison-testing-carpro-perl-ultima-tire-trim-guard-plus.html

I have to say on my vehicles I have never noticed WETS attracting dust, but I don't have an SUV with all that cladding and my friend parks in a gravel lot at work.

AZpolisher15
10-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Sorry, it was UTTG in this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/94563-review-comparison-testing-carpro-perl-ultima-tire-trim-guard-plus.html

I have to say on my vehicles I have never noticed WETS attracting dust, but I don't have an SUV with all that cladding and my friend parks in a gravel lot at work.
Great thread-- thanks. Perl looks like a versatile product. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.