PDA

View Full Version : Might be going all optimum...input requested

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BTLew81
10-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Hi all,
im thinking of going to optimum, as they obviously have a very complete line. My lsp will be opti seal, and I'm thinking of using gps or polo seal prior to that. Any wait times on those prior to topping with opti seal? Any preference on gps versus polo seal?

Maintenance would be onr/onrww and then ocw or oid as a drying aid.

Also so thinking about opti bond for tires. Any thoughts on using it straight versus 1:1?

any other optimum products that are must have items?

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
10-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Opti-Bond is great, only dressing I have ever used that doesn't feel greasy. I still don't understand why that is, because it's supposed to be the same ingredients (same MSDS) as the OPT Tire Shine.

I really like the Optimum polishes, you can't go wrong with them whether the sprayable or the creme.

FUNX650
10-10-2016, 06:31 PM
My lsp will be opti seal,

That's a real good Sealant.

and I'm thinking of using gps or
polo seal prior to that. Any wait times
on those prior to topping with opti seal?
Any preference on gps versus polo seal?

-Poli-Seal is my preference.
-I've never waited very long,
afterwards, to then apply Opti-Seal.

Maintenance would be onr/onrww
and then ocw or oid as a drying aid.

IMO:
Go with OCW:
It has those patented UV
absorbers/prohibitors.

Also so thinking about opti bond for tires.
Any thoughts on using it straight versus 1:1?

I use it straight;
and it's Great!

Bob

The Guz
10-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Optimum has some great products.

Opti-Seal works very well. It can also be used as a drying aid with ONR washes or a bucket wash. It is a sheeting product versus a beading type product. Don't be surprised if you don't see strong beading from it.

GPS I believe contains the same protection as Opti-Seal. I believe you can top either AIO right away. I have not used these but there are some good videos on the the rag company youtube channel.

Optimum Car Wash works very well if you need a traditional soap.

Opti-Bond is great. I got sample of that and the tire shine. Both work pretty well even if they are not the most long lasting tire dressing on the market.

Check out the wash, clay,wax video using optimum car wax as well.

Instant Detailer is pretty good. It takes a little getting used to. At least for me. But the gloss it leaves behind is top notch. You could get by with just ONR and mix it as a QD ratio. It just won't have as much gloss as the instant detailer. It will also save you some cash.

You could always upsell Gloss Coat to those that want the longest protection. You never know when you will get your first client that wants to take it to the next level.

I would definitely keep ONR around. You could get by without the wax version. If you want to try it out pick up the small bottle first.

I have also been using the big red sponge with ONR and it's a huge time saver and has been working very well.

BTLew81
10-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Great feedback. Thanks. Are you using the big red with onr? Any special care of the sponge?

LEDetailing
10-10-2016, 06:56 PM
I've tried a few Optimum products. I've been nothing but impressed with them all. Except for the sprayers of hyper polish and compound. I liked the polish and compound a lot. I will have to try opti-seal when my BFWD and FK 1000p gets low. Too many darn choices. I seriously could try a new sealant once every 6 months and it would still take me a couple decades to try all the good recommendations on AGO and Autopia.

The Guz
10-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Great feedback. Thanks. Are you using the big red with onr? Any special care of the sponge?

Yes big red sponge with ONR. Works with bother versions of ONR. I clean out the sponge before every wash with a little APC and rinse it out. It goes back into the bucket of ONR after that which I make ahead of time. I have a grit guard in the bucket so it keeps the sponge from going to the bottom of the bucket and picking up dirt.

GSKR
10-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Like the compound great on planes but the coloring stains.All in all love the products.

pheerix
10-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Optimum has a podcast. You can find some good tips on how to use their products and save time. Yvan also does videos for Rag Company that demonstrate a lot of Optimum products

watsodetail
10-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Hyper polish has good cut and is as easy to use as any AIO that I've used.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

watsodetail
10-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Hyper polish works on plastic trim too

glfnaz
10-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Hyper polish has good cut and is as easy to use as any AIO that I've used.

Hyper polish isn't an AIO.
Polish only

Setec Astronomy
10-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Hyper polish works on plastic trim too

I just heard that on a podcast...I'm interested to know how that works, and what the pros and cons would be vs. using a trim restorer like DLux or C4.

Jeremy1976
10-11-2016, 06:38 AM
Optimum products look great! I am interested in trying some of them as well!

Crispy
10-11-2016, 08:30 PM
I'm an Optimum fan.

Recent events have changed my "go to" routine.

2 months ago corrected using the Compounds and Polishes (3 step).

Sealed with Optimum Gloss Coat.

LSP with Collenite 845.

3 weeks ago tried the following as a maintenance:

Optimum Poli-Seal on white Thinpro pads and DA.

Collinite 845 on red Thinpro pads and DA.

Easy to do with minimum time and excellent results.

ONRW&S as required for weekley touchups.

3 weks in and still looking very nice.