PDA

View Full Version : Washer Time!

Pages : [1] 2 3

sparkie
11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
The wife's washer machine has kick the bucket!!!! We are looking at front loaders. Who has one and how do you like them? We are planning on getting a matching dryer too.
I just want to know which will clean my microfibers the best!:D
What do think about this one?
Front-loading Washers WFW9600T from Whirlpool Home Appliances (http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=WASHERS&cat=115&prod=1069)

It uses steam, that blow me away!

Bunky
11-04-2007, 07:50 AM
We like our front loaders. I think Kenmore/Whirlpool are the most reliable brands. We purchased it a while back so it is not as feature rich as the one you are getting. They seem to get my towels clean and I do add vinegar in the rinse step.

sparkie
11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Bunky... We had a maytag that lasted 5 years and the motor went out. Got a GE to replace it, it's 6 years old and the trans is about to go...So that's why I'm looking at whirlpool....

supercharged
11-04-2007, 08:50 AM
that's a good washing mashine, it's not cheap, but it is worth it. I have Kenmore Elite HE3t, and am very happy with it (7 years already).
Both of those mashines I believe are made in Germany (matches tough German standards - minimum water, minimum energy).

dengood1
11-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Bosch, Kitchenaid, LG, Kenmore Elite. Those would be my choices in order from most desired to least. Good luck, post up what you get.

sparkie
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
The wife talk to some of her friends today, some was saying the front loaders leak around the seals...I told her if they did why are people buying them!LOL!!!
Anyhoo, I washed some of my pads in it today and it's working but trans is making a bad sound...I told her to run it until it stops working all together....

wytstang
11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
We went with a whirlpool due to it's energy saving design. I think Maytag had the highest energy consumption. We have a top loader it's been just over a year and we're happy. Doesn't have all the doo dadds that one has though.

sparkie
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Supercharge you are right. Whirlpool is made in Germany.
Found out today that Whirlpool makes Kenmore. Here are some more things I found out.
Brand Made in

Maytag China
GE China
Bosch USA
Samsung China

Jimmie
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Walk past the Kenmore Calypso (that is if they still make it). Looks good but it breaks.

dengood1
11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Found out today that Whirlpool makes Kenmore. Here are some more things I found out.
Brand Made in

Maytag China
GE China
Bosch USA
Samsung China

Kitchenaid is also made by Whirlpool.

odysseus
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
applances? what kinda threat is this dudes.........
i want a bomb ass stereo to replace mine cuz it sucks right now, and yall dudes be talking bout dishwashers n crap like that. i am gonna put the woofers in my trunk and get my windows tinted now that is what I m talkin about dudes....yea

supercharged
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Brand Made in

Maytag China
GE China
Bosch USA
Samsung China
my personal advice is get one made in Germany. It means it is build to the toughest standards in industy. Although Bosch can be assembled in USA, it still is german technology, and I trust in more then China (sorry it this offends anybody); especially when paying this much, i'd rather pay for more expensive labor, then to a reseller with a label.
I always check the label where it is made at.

Good luck.

ricka
11-06-2007, 07:09 AM
We have the Kenmore Elite HE3t. Front loaders are amazing at how little water they use. Clothes get cleaner as well since they're not churning in 5 gallons of dirty suds. Front loaders spritz water instead and I read somewhere they use like 60% less H20.

More importantly, the MF towels come out great! Vinegar in the 2nd rinse works wonders.

Appliance buying can be a whip but at least they have nice gadgets.

Furniture/carpet/paint purchases are a whole other story..

supercharged
11-06-2007, 08:08 AM
We have the Kenmore Elite HE3t. Front loaders are amazing at how little water they use. Clothes get cleaner as well since they're not churning in 5 gallons of dirty suds. Front loaders spritz water instead and I read somewhere they use like 60% less H20.

More importantly, the MF towels come out great! Vinegar in the 2nd rinse works wonders.

Appliance buying can be a whip but at least they have nice gadgets.

Furniture/carpet/paint purchases are a whole other story..
I love my HE3t washing mashine!

dengood1
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
my personal advice is get one made in Germany. It means it is build to the toughest standards in industy. Although Bosch can be assembled in USA, it still is german technology, and I trust in more then China (sorry it this offends anybody); especially when paying this much, i'd rather pay for more expensive labor, then to a reseller with a label.
I always check the label where it is made at.

Good luck.:whs::iagree: