PDA

View Full Version : Alright geeks,need your opinions

Bill1234
10-07-2016, 07:35 PM
So a family member had your typical fundraiser car wash. Being a geek, told them to order soap from the geek. Well they forgot too and they went ahead and used mine without my permission:mad::mad::mad:. So I had about a full gallon of maxi suds and a full gallon of meguiars gold class and they used them all....probably did not dilute right as thats alot of soap.

Here is where you all come in. I liked gold class and maxi suds was just okay to me in the actual breaking down of dirt but foamed nicely. Is there anything I could get that would be good in your opinions? I was thinking meguiars hyper wash so far.

The Guz
10-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Meguiar's Hyper Wash or Optimum Car Wash get my vote.

Hammer77
10-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Another vote for Hyper Wash.

VISITOR
10-07-2016, 07:50 PM
adding to guz's recommendations, dg cwc (no complaints here) is another good one...

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate (http://www.autogeek.net/gallon-duragloss-wash.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2271_121063815

ViperGuy21
10-07-2016, 09:40 PM
+1 optimum car wash!!!!

Eldorado2k
10-07-2016, 10:02 PM
If you liked Gold Class you'll like Shampoo Plus even more. They're kinda similar but D111 smells way better, the suds feel more rich and thick, leaves the paint looking nice and shiny, just overall good stuff. IMO the only thing better about Hyper Wash is the dilution ratio and it's foaming capabilities in a foam gun. But overall Hyper Wash feels a little thinner while washing with a mitt vs. Shampoo Plus and there's nothing special in regards to its scent.

srpurdy
10-07-2016, 10:27 PM
So a family member had your typical fundraiser car wash. Being a geek, told them to order soap from the geek. Well they forgot too and they went ahead and used mine without my permission:mad::mad::mad:. So I had about a full gallon of maxi suds and a full gallon of meguiars gold class and they used them all....probably did not dilute right as thats alot of soap.

Here is where you all come in. I liked gold class and maxi suds was just okay to me in the actual breaking down of dirt but foamed nicely. Is there anything I could get that would be good in your opinions? I was thinking meguiars hyper wash so far.

Time to invest in a pad lock lol. :) I bet they had a foam fight with all those suds lol.

I'm curious about Hyper Wash myself. Optimum is suggested often and so is duragloss as already meantioned in this thread. I see those 3 get the most love. So I guess you can't go wrong with either 3. When my mr pink is done. I'll probably get one of those too. :) Nothing against mr pink is a good soap. Just curious to try others. :)

Paul A.
10-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I use both Meg's Hyper Wash and DG 902. Love them both.

SRConcepts
10-08-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm an Optimum Car Wash guy myself :)

Jowillie
10-08-2016, 01:33 PM
I would also suggest check the best price point and buy that gallon (or more) to donate for the next fund-raising request. That will keep them away from your stash and make you a hero.
:autowash:

LEDetailing
10-08-2016, 01:58 PM
I like Hyperwash, Duragloss and Optimum's. They all work well.

Brandon Wetch
10-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I like optimum car wash. If you want a gallon of gold class, Costco usually has it for $9 a gallon.

-Mr. Slick.

Ebg18t
10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
When I do a traditional wash I use Wolfgang Auto Bathe, great paint lubrication.

Wolfgang introduces a luxury Auto Bathe Car Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wg1000.html)

Rsurfer
10-08-2016, 03:46 PM
CG Honey Dew and Mr. Pink is nice especially in a foam gun.

bhonshell42
10-09-2016, 07:59 AM
If you wish to stay with off the shelf, I would go with Megs wash and wax. Plenty of suds and preserves the protection of what is on the clear coat. Has a pleasant scent. Works very well in a foam gun.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk