PDA

View Full Version : 2012 328i Full Detail

RFLCT
10-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Hey guys I did some correction and a full detail on a 2012 3 series. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/NSsaz5aRUqg

Thanks a lot! The views are very helpful :)

Paul A.
10-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Nice work!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-06-2016, 11:37 AM
The BMW came out great.

Keep in mind self image and presentation is very important when trying to land potential customers.

03Mustanger
10-06-2016, 07:02 PM
The BMW came out great.

Keep in mind self image and presentation is very important when trying to land potential customers.

Can you be a little more specific to some of us newbies that want to get started on the side?

p.s. I love these bmw's. What a beautiful car

RFLCT
10-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Can you be a little more specific to some of us newbies that want to get started on the side?

p.s. I love these bmw's. What a beautiful car

I think he was talking about my hair haha. Thank you both though, the humidity in Virginia makes my hair hard to control

RFLCT
10-06-2016, 07:46 PM
The BMW came out great.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind

Eldorado2k
10-06-2016, 11:45 PM
It looks like you found out right away that some of those Chemical Guys products, especially in the small 16oz. bottles simply aren't very practical for detailing customers vehicles. 16oz. Clay Luber? No way... You'll run out of that bottle of Silk Shine, Vo7 Detail Spray, and Car Wash in no time as well. Those products may look nice on your shelf, but in order to put things to work you've got to change your mindset a bit from enthusiast to professional if you're going to make it.

I also think you should've bought the Rupes pads + compounds to go with the Mark ll instead of those Hex Logic pads that were made for 8mm throw polishers.

srpurdy
10-07-2016, 02:53 AM
Nice job on the BMW.

CG gets a lot of flack on here, but I like a lot of there stuff. I think you'll like the V07 Spray. It's a little pricey though, but it's great at anti static, the gloss doesn't last too long,, but I like it for it's anti-static :) I actually dilute it 1:1 because it's so expensive, and it helps with streaking on darker cars. The hex logic pads are very durable, not sure how they will work on the rupes though. A lot of people like silkshine, which is funny because that's one of their products I don't really like that much. I got about 1.5oz left and I'm done with it after that. Car Pro PERL lasts much better, and looks better to me. It's pretty simular in price because PERL can be diluted so if your looking to ramp up your business consider giving it a try. I have the same feelings with Clay Luber also. I will be switch over to ONR as my clay lube. I found Clay Luber slick enough, but just like you, you need half a 16oz bottle to do a normal sized car lol. ONR is much more economical, and seems to be a little slicker. So a better option.

You can ditch the pad conditioner also. Take a smell of it, and then smell clay luber, and you will understand why you don't need it. Also let both products sit for a couple of days. You will see the exact same white film build up at the top of the bottle. Shake them after and they have the same bubble structure as well. So from what I can tell they are the same product. They have the same slickness also from testing I've done. Maybe I'm wrong, but too many things match up. Same color, same smell, same behavior.... You can just use any detail spray or even water to prime your pad. Or just do the Kevin Brown method as you mentioned in your other video.

Consider getting some collinite 845. Super cheap wax a 16oz bottle can do at least 16 cars. For a detailing business that is $$$, and it's such an amazing wax.

What did you think of The V line of polishes? I like V36 and V38, I found V34 was a little dusty, and V32 seemed to work well on harder paint, but I haven't tested it enough yet., just curious if you like them.

Once you find your products though. Buy in gallons, it will save you a lot of money. It's good you didn't buy gallons to start out, but you will need them if your business picks up.

Good luck to you on your business. :)

RFLCT
10-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Nice job on the BMW.

CG gets a lot of flack on here, but I like a lot of there stuff. I think you'll like the V07 Spray. It's a little pricey though, but it's great at anti static, the gloss doesn't last too long,, but I like it for it's anti-static :) I actually dilute it 1:1 because it's so expensive, and it helps with streaking on darker cars. The hex logic pads are very durable, not sure how they will work on the rupes though. A lot of people like silkshine, which is funny because that's one of their products I don't really like that much. I got about 1.5oz left and I'm done with it after that. Car Pro PERL lasts much better, and looks better to me. It's pretty simular in price because PERL can be diluted so if your looking to ramp up your business consider giving it a try. I have the same feelings with Clay Luber also. I will be switch over to ONR as my clay lube. I found Clay Luber slick enough, but just like you, you need half a 16oz bottle to do a normal sized car lol. ONR is much more economical, and seems to be a little slicker. So a better option.

You can ditch the pad conditioner also. Take a smell of it, and then smell clay luber, and you will understand why you don't need it. Also let both products sit for a couple of days. You will see the exact same white film build up at the top of the bottle. Shake them after and they have the same bubble structure as well. So from what I can tell they are the same product. They have the same slickness also from testing I've done. Maybe I'm wrong, but too many things match up. Same color, same smell, same behavior.... You can just use any detail spray or even water to prime your pad. Or just do the Kevin Brown method as you mentioned in your other video.

Consider getting some collinite 845. Super cheap wax a 16oz bottle can do at least 16 cars. For a detailing business that is $$$, and it's such an amazing wax.

What did you think of The V line of polishes? I like V36 and V38, I found V34 was a little dusty, and V32 seemed to work well on harder paint, but I haven't tested it enough yet., just curious if you like them.

Once you find your products though. Buy in gallons, it will save you a lot of money. It's good you didn't buy gallons to start out, but you will need them if your business picks up.

Good luck to you on your business. :)

Wow thank you for all the info. I'm definitely considering ditching the hexlogic pads for microfiber megs or rupes. Ammo nyc uses the megs mf on his rupes and he is the ultimate perfectionist haha. The pad conditioner is junk, I sprayed it before applying the v36 and it slung all over. The v36 was very dusty. I blew it out with my compressor and it didn't help. I ordered the 5in backing plate for the rupes and I'm hoping I'll be able to get into tighter spots. I ordered a gallon of griots speed shine for clay lube, I love that stuff. It's one of the first things I bought when I was little and was limited to pep boys for products. The clay lube is horrible as well. It was so hard to buff off.. It gave me a scare. The silk shine is really awesome for dressing. I like megs endurance but it's just too shiny for some people. This customer wanted a silky look. The v38 had little to no dust and it really enhanced the shine. I wish there was some type of liquid p21s carnuba because that stuff is fantastic. I'm guessing there is a p21s liquid wax, but is it any good? Also how do you feel about how ammo nyc takes a razor to his glass after lubing it with invisible glass.

Thanks a lot this has been super helpful :)

RFLCT
10-07-2016, 10:51 AM
It looks like you found out right away that some of those Chemical Guys products, especially in the small 16oz. bottles simply aren't very practical for detailing customers vehicles. 16oz. Clay Luber? No way... You'll run out of that bottle of Silk Shine, Vo7 Detail Spray, and Car Wash in no time as well. Those products may look nice on your shelf, but in order to put things to work you've got to change your mindset a bit from enthusiast to professional if you're going to make it.
I also think you should've bought the Rupes pads + compounds to go with the Mark ll instead of those Hex Logic pads that were made for 8mm throw polishers.

I'm definitely gonna look at different pads. I'm gonna go to the junk yard and pick up a couple hoods and test out the megs mf pads. Chemical guys really doesn't cater to the professional, but I did pick up a gallon of their maxi suds ii and it looks nice.. it has good reviews

srpurdy
10-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Wow thank you for all the info. I'm definitely considering ditching the hexlogic pads for microfiber megs or rupes. Ammo nyc uses the megs mf on his rupes and he is the ultimate perfectionist haha. The pad conditioner is junk, I sprayed it before applying the v36 and it slung all over. The v36 was very dusty. I blew it out with my compressor and it didn't help. I ordered the 5in backing plate for the rupes and I'm hoping I'll be able to get into tighter spots. I ordered a gallon of griots speed shine for clay lube, I love that stuff. It's one of the first things I bought when I was little and was limited to pep boys for products. The clay lube is horrible as well. It was so hard to buff off.. It gave me a scare. The silk shine is really awesome for dressing. I like megs endurance but it's just too shiny for some people. This customer wanted a silky look. The v38 had little to no dust and it really enhanced the shine. I wish there was some type of liquid p21s carnuba because that stuff is fantastic. I'm guessing there is a p21s liquid wax, but is it any good? Also how do you feel about how ammo nyc takes a razor to his glass after lubing it with invisible glass.

Thanks a lot this has been super helpful :)

Razor blade is useful. It's pretty hard to scratch glass, but it is possible with a razor blade if used incorrectly. If you want a more safe method just claying the windows will be fine. Or you can buy some plastic razor blades. They won't scratch and will get gunk off.

Eldorado2k
10-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm definitely gonna look at different pads. I'm gonna go to the junk yard and pick up a couple hoods and test out the megs mf pads. Chemical guys really doesn't cater to the professional, but I did pick up a gallon of their maxi suds ii and it looks nice.. it has good reviews

Chemical Guys is aight in my book for the most part.. I used to like Greg on the vids but obviously he's doing his own thing now. Jenn is pretty annoying but yea.. Lol. I actually went into the Chemical Guys store not too long ago [it's very close to where I live] The dudes that work there were really cool and we had a good convo about detailing stuff... They didn't try to sell me on anything I wasn't there for, which I appreciated.. The Chemical Guy dude even let me have two 7" Rupes Green foam pads for free! That made my day. That was super nice.

I don't use any of their products, but I really like their drying towels, preferably the waffle weaves they sell. IMO they are the best quality and price you'll find anywhere and that's what I went there for.

As far as microfiber pads, you might want to look into the Griots Boss Microfiber Pads. They're the latest style and I've heard from good sources that they're worth looking into. I have a several Megs Microfiber Pads and they've always worked great, but I might check out the Boss microfibers next just to see how they are.

I have a Griots Boss 21 and my favorite foam pads are the Lake Country HD Orbital Pads. The machine runs so smooth with those pads.. They're very similar in shape and size to the Rupes pads. The only thing is the Blue LC cutting pad is said to not be quite as aggressive as the Rupes Blue Cutting Pad, and from what everyone says, the Yellow Rupes Pad is a must have and just flat out great. Lots of good pad options that are specifically designed for your new 21mm polisher.