PDA

View Full Version : Coating the iphone 7 jet black?

Pages : [1] 2

bmwgeek
10-06-2016, 07:57 AM
Just a thought that came to mind today since the iphone 7 jet black is prone to scratches. Would one of these car coatings work on it? Gloss-coat? :drool:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Polish it out with Essence and coat that bad boy! Hahaha.

RaskyR1
10-06-2016, 09:10 AM
It will still scratch

DetailDrivenEugene
10-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Got a pelican case and zagg screen protector for my new 7. Not bullet proof, but as close as one can get.

vobro
10-06-2016, 10:39 AM
I coated mine with an OtterBox

Chramiji
10-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Not even a case can protect soft aluminum from scratching... check your phone after having a case on it for oh... lets say a week of moderate use.

best bet is invisishield or similar film products.. maybe xpel?

I know a lot about polished and anodized/coated aluminum, really.

bryanviper
10-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Cquartz UK on it, i wonter if it would help.

zmcgovern45
10-06-2016, 12:14 PM
A nano coating is not going to resist scratching on the phone... or on a car... put a case on the phone or some sort of clear film that can be replaced when it gets scratched up.

Brandon Wetch
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Not even a case can protect soft aluminum from scratching... check your phone after having a case on it for oh... lets say a week of moderate use.

best bet is invisishield or similar film products.. maybe xpel?

I know a lot about polished and anodized/coated aluminum, really.

Exactly. I have an iPad 3 that got the back scuffed inside an otter box. They nickname them slaughterbox for that reason.

-Mr. Slick.

parshooter
10-06-2016, 03:10 PM
All the above suggestions are great. Just make sure you don't get any product in the headphone jack. Im the MAN

trashmanssd
10-06-2016, 06:29 PM
they are up to 7? I am still using a 4 or 4s not even sure which.

MIsnowman
10-06-2016, 08:17 PM
4S is still the best one they ever made IMO, followed closely by the SE or whatever they called the latest 4" phone they released. Can you tell I'm not a fan of the giant phablet type phones? lol

Hoytman
10-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Bought not one, but two S5's and both were experiencing technical malfunctions and the service center said take them back after we ran a diagnostics check. Take them back, we did. Bought 2 IPhone 6+'s. Great phones, easy screens to see, easy to use and type on, but we took them back as well. Much too large for us. I still love the size of the IPhone SE...fits nicely in my hand, can operate it with one hand, and fits nicely in a shirt pocket and can be buttoned inside a shirt pocket if I need that. I don't like cases, clips, or carrying them on my side.

APPLE...Give us a new small phone again and I'm all in, especially if the entire front becomes the screen. Until then, I'll stick to my non-smart phone that I went back to. Love not having to pay for a data package that I don't even need.

MattPersman
10-07-2016, 05:34 AM
All the above suggestions are great. Just make sure you don't get any product in the headphone jack. Im the MAN

7 doesn't technically have a headphone jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon Wetch
10-09-2016, 03:21 PM
I know, just go with some kind of paint protection film lol. Actually there's the invisible shield, which is kind of the same thing you spray the film and install it on the front and back of the phone from scratch protection.

-Mr. Slick.