PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra

Zalmon
10-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I just had the 3M clear brawl put on the front of my car including the hood. What kind of product should I put on it in the future

bryanviper
10-06-2016, 12:08 PM
I was told that with stone guards you should treat it like your paint. So you can wax it, polish it etc. Thats what I have done on mine without issue's

Rollo
10-06-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure you need to polish it but I have always applied waxes and sealants on mine and have had my past 4 cars clear bra'd. I asked my installer if he knew of anything I should not use on it and he said that the newest high quality clear bra material is impervious to any chemical you would feel safe putting on your car.

I like to use duragloss aquawax for a quick shine.

Burns ST
10-06-2016, 03:43 PM
I also have the 3M film on my car. I've been told not to use anythign containing abrasives as it can cause the film to become brittle. I heard Larry Kossilla say once that you can polish clear bra, although you need to be extremely careful. I'd imagine it melts pretty easy.

GSKR
10-06-2016, 06:38 PM
I just had the 3M clear brawl put on the front of my car including the hood. What kind of product should I put on it in the future
Either 3m approved products or xpel.

refreshauto
10-06-2016, 09:50 PM
I would use a fine polish then putting a coating on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk