PDA

View Full Version : New to rinseless wash question?

Pages : [1] 2

Jeremy1976
10-05-2016, 08:41 PM
So I have been looking and researching RW's. I hear a lot of chatter about WG Uber. My question is what, if anything makes it better than Duragloss, ONR, or McKee's that have a wax in them and are almost half the price of the WG? I have not seen anywhere where there is wax or a protective layer that is left behind with the WG. So another step after the RW with D156 or another spray wax may be needed to keep up with protection.

What gives?

Meguiars D115 looks to be a top contender and has wax as well!

PaulMys
10-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Wondering the same. I love ONR.

How much better can WGU be for more than double the $$?

Happy ending? Magically fills your gas tank after? What?

Eldorado2k
10-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Wondering the same. I love ONR.

How much better can WGU be for more than double the $$?

Happy ending? Magically fills your gas tank after? What?

Alot of German research went into it...

BrutalNoodle
10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I can't speak for others, but products with protection can and do feel "heavy" at times. I would notice most during the drying stage; doesn't flash dry as quickly as products that leave little or nothing behind - D114 & Uber.

Jeremy1976
10-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I just cant see spending $80 on a jug with no protection and heard the smell can be somewhat nauseating at times, versus D115 that has a nice smell according to many, and leaves behind protection. Just want the best product for the money.

Jeremy1976
10-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Having to follow the WG up with D156 is an extra step and more touching the car. More touching the car equals more chance of scratching and marring. Not trying to over analyze this just taking a common sense approach to it. Being I am a newb to RW, I am looking to you guys for guidance and direction.

PaulMys
10-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I can't speak for others, but products with protection can and do feel "heavy" at times. I would notice most during the drying stage; doesn't flash dry as quickly as products that leave little or nothing behind - D114 & Uber.

See your point. But I use RW only after my truck has been fully done with the clay/polish/seal/wax, etc. And I think ONR shines like a pimps gold tooth in the sunlight afterward. JMO

Jeremy1976
10-05-2016, 09:11 PM
See your point. But I use RW only after my truck has been fully done with the clay/polish/seal/wax, etc. And I think ONR shines like a pimps gold tooth in the sunlight afterward. JMO

LMAO. dude you crack me up.

PaulMys
10-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Alot of German research went into it...

Can't beat German Tech.

But, I have it on good authority that one of the packing guys at Optimum is named Shultz............

BrutalNoodle
10-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Understandable, and that's a tough one as what others find mild might be overwhelming for you. I have D115, and personally I feel its scent is on the heavier side compares to Uber.

Since Black Friday is not that far off, it only makes sense to wait and pick some up then. Also, the dilution ratio for Uber is quite good vs D115.

I will say this - Uber & D114 are the longest dust-free rinseless I've sampled, with D114 being the front runner if I have to pick a winner. Every product with protection doesn't last 3 days before it needs a bath. 7-10 days on average for both, which is impressive, IMO.

BrutalNoodle
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM

I rinseless all the time. Too much, actually.

I'm like Pookie of New Jack City - "I tried to kick... but that sh*t just be callin' me man, it be callin' me, man."

Eldorado2k
10-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Can't beat German Tech.

But, I have it on good authority that one of the packing guys at Optimum is named Shultz............

That sounds like a game changer.. I'm going to have to add some Optimum to my cart after finding this out. Thx!

PaulMys
10-05-2016, 09:22 PM
I rinseless all the time. Too much, actually.

I'm like Pookie of New Jack City - "I tried to kick... but that sh*t just be callin' me man, it be callin' me, man."

Yo,yo, yo..... Anyone wanna buy a turkey?? And some Optimum No Rinse?? Jeremy?? Lol

Eldorado2k
10-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I just cant see spending $80 on a jug with no protection and heard the smell can be somewhat nauseating at times, versus D115 that has a nice smell according to many, and leaves behind protection. Just want the best product for the money.

I just wiped down my Ridgid with an old microfiber and D115. It does smell nice.
Keep in mind D115 is a waterless wash. It can be used as a rinseless, just make sure to tweak the dilution to find a sweet spot that works.

BrutalNoodle
10-05-2016, 09:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jIwxlw0OX4c/TfVs9CTD35I/AAAAAAAAAKo/DvadH2Z6JUE/w1200-h630-p-nu/GoodFellas-shinebox.jpg

Obligatory: Now go home and get your rinseless box.