PDA

View Full Version : Tire Spray not a gel

Pages : [1] 2

Dynoguy
10-05-2016, 07:12 PM
What is a good tire spray not a gel to use? I have Surf City and Jax Wax tire spray, both are good I am just looking for something different. I need a spray not a gel .. I have Multiple Sclerosis and it is hard for me to stay bent down to apply the gel, I like the spray that I can spray on and just wipe it around

custmsprty
10-05-2016, 07:14 PM
This is on bogo and their is a reduced shipping cost til midnight.

I just ordered some myself to give it a try

Griots Garage Black Shine Tire & Trim Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-black-shine-trim-tire-coating.html)

boomdone
10-05-2016, 07:20 PM
What is a good tire spray not a gel to use? I have Surf City and Jax Wax tire spray, both are good I am just looking for something different. I need a spray not a gel .. I have Multiple Sclerosis and it is hard for me to stay bent down to apply the gel, I like the spray that I can spray on and just wipe it around

I like Blackfire AIO Trim & Tire. Has cleaners in it and leaves a nice finish. In your case, you should also give Griots black shine tire & trim a go. Its an aerosol that you spray on the tire and after a minute just sort of wipe with a microfiber to smooth it out. Its very easy, just have to dial in your technique so its not super shiny (for my tastes snyway).

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Do you happen to have an air compressor Dynoguy?

Dynoguy
10-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Yes I do have an air compressor..

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Go and get a Harbor Freight HVLP gun and an inline pressure regulator. Then get something such as Meguiars Hyper Dressing or Nanoskin Blue Dress and spray your tires and wheel wells to make it easier on you. You'll be able to dial in the pattern and pressure to get good and even coverage.

Eldorado2k
10-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Armor All Tire Foam. Best of all you don't even have to wipe it around afterwards. I suppose the Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Foam would be similar, but I've never tried that 1.

GSKR
10-05-2016, 08:37 PM
This is on bogo and their is a reduced shipping cost til midnight.

I just ordered some myself to give it a try

Griots Garage Black Shine Tire & Trim Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-black-shine-trim-tire-coating.html)stuff is great.

shadwell
10-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I scoured these pages for a simialr answer a while back and followed advice about Turtle Wax Edurance tyre shine.. it had been exceeding eveyones expectations (turtle wax have has so many crappy products.. )
It was locally available and on sale so i gave it a try....
Fair play it looks perfect with one coat, last a long time (as in months).. and was cheap

Eldorado2k
10-05-2016, 09:38 PM
I scoured these pages for a simialr answer a while back and followed advice about Turtle Wax Edurance tyre shine.. it had been exceeding eveyones expectations (turtle wax have has so many crappy products.. )It was locally available and on sale so i gave it a try.... Fair play it looks perfect with one coat, last a long time (as in months).. and was cheap..52722Turtle Wax Endura Tire Coat*
Quit trying to confuse people. Lol.

GSKR
10-05-2016, 09:48 PM
There's a awesome proven long lasting tire shine in a can,not sold here.If you want to know pm

shadwell
10-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Turtle Wax Endura Tire Coat*
Quit trying to confuse people. Lol.

Hey i don't want to be the only confused one around here.. ;)
Posting from work at lunch so can't check product (and memory going with increasing years.. )..

AZpolisher15
10-06-2016, 01:46 AM
Duragloss Tire and Rubber Dressing. A great product.

Duragloss Tire & Rubber Mat Dressing (TMD) #253 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-tire---rubber-mat-dressing.html)

wytstang
10-06-2016, 06:03 AM
Poorboys bold n bright Optimum tire spray is what I use and like in sprays.

Desertnate
10-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Duragloss Tire and Rubber Dressing. A great product.

Duragloss Tire & Rubber Mat Dressing (TMD) #253 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-tire---rubber-mat-dressing.html)

I second this one. I love this product. I spray it on an applicator and then wipe it around the tire surface. It dries quickly, so you never have to worry about it slinging off. Applying it a couple of times a year to rubber floor mats works well too as it isn't slippery or oily.