PDA

View Full Version : Souveran vs Wolfgang Wax

dseg
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello -

Just wondering, which one of these waxes is more recommended?
I am looking at the Liquid Pinnacle Souversan wax (http://www.autogeek.net/pinliqsouvwa.html) vs Wolfgang Deep Class Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html#)

I understand one is carnauba and one synthetic but there is a big advantage or disadvantage to either one?
I am looking to take car of a new 2017 and a 2014 - both with excellent paint.
I mostly wax once every other month.

Jaretr1
10-03-2016, 12:49 PM
They are both excellent products. The WG sealant has a pretty good following on this forum, more so than Souveran Liquid wax. It will most likely last longer than Souveran as well.

jkrig
10-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Instead of vs why not top the WDCPS with Pinnacle.......WDCPS is touted as a sealant, which means you can top it with a wax of choice to give it that extra bit of depth/shine. A sealant will also give you durability that a carnauba just cant match. So at the very least go with the sealant, If you want that extra bit of pop try both....I used to love Liquid Souveran btw, its a great product, just not alone, I used to apply it on top of BFWD, but have moved on to Collinite 845 as my preferred sealant topper...

Kamakaz1961
10-03-2016, 01:32 PM
If it were me I would get both! Put the Wolfgang Sealant on 1st and then Top off with the Souveran Liquid Wax. Get the best of both worlds...I have the Souveran Liquid wax and it is great stuff!

RonAlv
10-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Maybe to give you some kind of idea, I used GG Sealant with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax on our 2015 Ford Escape. I cant speak for WG products, but you will not be disappointed with Pinnacle.

WillSports3
10-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Using the Wolfgang sealant and then topping it with Souveran is a winning combination. Then you can re wax with souveran every other month or every month depending on where you are.

OCDetails
10-03-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm a massive fan of Wolfgang sealant. I haven't found anything I like better other than maybe two or three layers of the Wolfgang sealant. ;) I know people love to top things with waxes, and in most cases I am totally fine with that, but I haven't found that topping Wolfgang with a wax does anything to enhance the shine. The best thing you can top Wolfgang with is more Wolfgang. I'll use Souveran to sort of highlight different areas, but I only use it as a little bit of art and not on the entire vehicle.

But if you ask me which one is my go-to product, then it is definitely the Wolfgang. It's hard to use anything else once you've seen how good that makes a car look. I could give you endless examples of how good it is.