PDA

View Full Version : Wife Screams "Too Much" .... I say "No Way" !!

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
11-03-2007, 12:09 PM
We took the cool morning (low 70's) to clean the garage this morning. Even after tossing 10 bottles of this or that and cleaning up my detailing shelves , I feel to need for something new. Even a couple of the newer colored MF towels.

Wife says I need help and that I should be checked into a clinic, I asked if it was a car care clinic only to be hushed. Anyone else taking slack for this hobby ??

Psss....t I hear a rumor something new is coming from ..... (thump as wife hits me with frying pan)

CalgaryDetail
11-03-2007, 12:30 PM
We took the cool morning (low 70's) to clean the garage this morning. Even after tossing 10 bottles of this or that and cleaning up my detailing shelves , I feel to need for something new. Even a couple of the newer colored MF towels.

Wife says I need help and that I should be checked into a clinic, I asked if it was a car care clinic only to be hushed. Anyone else taking slack for this hobby ??

Psss....t I hear a rumor something new is coming from ..... (thump as wife hits me with frying pan)

I sure do, I have friends andfamily tell me i could save money by trading my detailing addiction for a drug adiction (joking of course). They think im looney (which i could be).. the best part is they will give me a ahrd time then 5 min later ask me to do there car.......... and i do :buffing:

Jimmie
11-03-2007, 12:31 PM
lol, yeah, a couple of days ago my wife said, "Are you ordering again?" . She said it like like it was a weakness that needed immediate professional help. I said the same thing that I always say, "I need help!"

ryandamartini
11-03-2007, 12:34 PM
well what started to clean up my Grandmother's old camry turned into an obsession and a business, so yeah its bad....

I have SOOO much stuff... heh

Gary Sword
11-03-2007, 12:36 PM
My wife gave up on me already. Now she just calls me an autogeek and rolls her eyes.

Dust2Glory
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
my garage is dedicated to my profession... my wife knows it a business, but doesn't see the need to always buy stuff, or wonder why i have to have a certain product...." can't you get that from wal-mart?"

Stittville Ed
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
[quote=killrwheels@autogeek;149888] Even after tossing 10 bottles quote]

Why in world would you toss 10 bottles :D
Did they get picked up yet, I wonder if I can find them and give them a new home.

Detail_Guy
11-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Takes about 25 years or so... but they eventually get over it. :D
She likes "pretty" flowers in the yard. I like "pretty" paint on the cars. :buffing:

Ong~Bak
11-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I have everything shipped to my mom and dads :D
Wife does not know what I got or when I get it.
The only thing she has said "stop polishing your car so much it looks new car".
But when I do hers, well thats ok then...

:cheers:

pricha00
11-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I love the cool morning in the 70's comment. I would give anything for some 70's around here this time of year. Today started with about 1/4 inch of frost on the ground and temps in the high 30's. Warmed up to mid 50's during the middle of the day. Wanna trade????

Pat.

ScottB
11-03-2007, 05:06 PM
[quote=killrwheels@autogeek;149888] Even after tossing 10 bottles quote]

Why in world would you toss 10 bottles :D
Did they get picked up yet, I wonder if I can find them and give them a new home.

trust me, it was the bad stuff !

supercharged
11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
same here, people think I need help...

dengood1
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
oh yeah, get it from the wife all the time. She can't find me, then opens the garage door and I get the rolling eyes, then she just shuts the door! Not that I buy that much stuff(well, maybe more than I need), but the constant quick detailing gets me funny looks. Oh well!!!:buffing:

Ok, I've got to go polish the drivers side of my car now.....lol

trhland
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
my wifes used to it. she couldnt care less. :D she knows my chemicals and shampoos come before her:D

Tonya
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Not only does my husband think I am nuts, but so do my girlfriends! At least your male friends might understand. My girlfriends started calling me a motor-head. I corrected them and told them I don't rebuild engines. I just make sure mine is clean. So they started calling me an Autogeek, then they dropped the Auto and just called me a geek or sometimes a clean freak.:D My staff tells me every Friday... enjoy your weekend... have fun cleaning your car.