PDA

View Full Version : Megs Ultimate Polish

Jman136
10-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Hello!

I ended up buying a bottle of Megs Ult Polish. As you all know, I attempted to remove a scratch with Scratch X2.0. As a result, I now have "haze" in the area that I used the Scratch X 2.0.

At this time, I don't have a PC. I am doing everything by hand using a yellow Meguiars foam pad. Will this work for ult Polish?

how do I want to apply it, and how long should I work if in?

will this remove that haze? Will it create more haze or make it worse?

is Ult Polish fairly easy to work with?

Thanks!

dlc95
10-01-2016, 08:19 PM
You absolutely can use UP by hand.

The directions on the label will yeild the best results.

- Small amount of product on pad
- Apply to one section at a time using moderate pressure in a circular pattern, making 4-6 overlapping passes per section.
- Wipe dry with a Megs supreme shine microfiber.

You can also repeat if needed.

choijw2
10-01-2016, 08:27 PM
so far ultimate line products are best when it comes to hand application for me.

little shocked that scratch x left haze, maybe used too much pressure?
but ultimate polish should remove haze caused by scratch x

AZpolisher15
10-01-2016, 10:29 PM
What make of car are you working on? Just curious. I've not had hazing problems by hand with ScratchX on a Megs foam pad. Maybe the paint you're working on is soft. As you're working the polish, begin with moderate pressure and get lighter and lighter with each successive pass.

wing commander
10-02-2016, 01:08 AM
I used scratch X on my mom's car and did what Harpolith did. I started rubbing by hand and a microfiber towel only in a 1" x 2" area because the scratch was very small. Rubbed a little,buff off, inspect, Repeat till improved. I did three hand rubs and each was very gentle. Scratch X worked great by hand(finger).

postaltwo
10-02-2016, 01:16 AM
With machine if u get haze by using a compound , u move to a finer polish . Seems like ultimate polish is a logical next step . Gl op

Jman136
10-02-2016, 05:58 PM
With machine if u get haze by using a compound , u move to a finer polish . Seems like ultimate polish is a logical next step . Gl op

Well, I'm gonna pick up some Ult Polish and give it a shot. I just hope I don't screw the up too!

postaltwo
10-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Well, I'm gonna pick up some Ult Polish and give it a shot. I just hope I don't screw the up too!

Naw u will be fine Megs polish is awesome

Crispy
10-04-2016, 08:38 PM
You actually can apply much more force to a concentrated area by hand then you do with a DA.

When using by hand (and the Ultimate Polish is a good one) you need even pressure.

I use a small sanding sponge (2" x 3") wrapped in 2 micro fiber towels.

About 10 llbs pressure and multiple passes 3-4 inches beyond the haze.

Seems to work most times.

I have all three types of machines so I use this mostly for spot repairs.

shadwell
10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
You actually can apply much more force to a concentrated area by hand then you do with a DA.

When using by hand (and the Ultimate Polish is a good one) you need even pressure.

I use a small sanding sponge (2" x 3") wrapped in 2 micro fiber towels.

About 10 llbs pressure and multiple passes 3-4 inches beyond the haze.

Seems to work most times.

I have all three types of machines so I use this mostly for spot repairs.

Yup good tips....
Serious cut possible with the MF on the thumb approach to hand polishing.. thats how you get out deep scratches on door handles.. so expect simialr results elsewhere.. ie its fairly agressive..
A rotary under 1000rpm with a 3" / 2" pad is my preference for detail work.. easier to control the work rate...