PDA

View Full Version : @#$& MicroFiber Lint

Pages : [1] 2 3

jfsully
11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
I washed by themselves, did a separate rinse in vinegar and dried with blue balls on no heat. (and yes cleaned lint trap first)

Towels came out looking great very fluffy.........Problem is they lint like mad. :mad:
I don't think there is anything more frustrating than waxing the car and having those little lint strands on the surface. Its especially maddening on the glass.

First how do you get that %$% off ? Spray the car with water ???
Second are Cobra towels just more prone to linting?
Third I assume some of this problem is from static, is there any way to reduce the static charge of the surface?

ScottB
11-03-2007, 08:19 AM
you did what you are suppose to keeping them segregated and washed seperately, how do you store them ??

all towels, especially MF can lint over time and MF tend to pickup more lint and other particles. I keep them stored in ziplocks or in a sealed cabinet. Lint should blow right off, so a leaf blower or drive around the block should work in a pinch !

HighEndDetail
11-03-2007, 09:07 AM
I notice only my cobra deluxe jr lint a little. Haven't noticed with my blue indigo

Rsurfer
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I washed by themselves, did a separate rinse in vinegar and dried with blue balls on no heat. (and yes cleaned lint trap first)

Towels came out looking great very fluffy.........Problem is they lint like mad. :mad:
I don't think there is anything more frustrating than waxing the car and having those little lint strands on the surface. Its especially maddening on the glass.

First how do you get that %$% off ? Spray the car with water ???
Second are Cobra towels just more prone to linting?
Third I assume some of this problem is from static, is there any way to reduce the static charge of the surface?
Have the same problem on some of my cobra's. Someone here recommended boiling the mf's. I tried it and it helped about 50%. I'm going to boil them again and see if that will get rid of the rest. The funny thing is that 2 Jr's out of 6 linted and 1 Indigo out of 3 linted, the rest are fine.

2KLS1
11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah the purples lint. Pretty much always have for me. Just don't use them for your final wipe down, instead use the blue ones or whatever other towels you have.

wytstang
11-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Mines the other way around my blue cobra's lint and my jr's don't.

dontsleeponit
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM
the teal colored cobra all purpose towels linted for me, they are nice all purpose towels becasue I feel like they are thicker then most, but the lint can get annoying. I also think somehow someway I have little teal MF fibers embedded into the paint on my spoiler. I think thet might be under a layer of xmt360 so theyre not coming off...

dengood1
11-03-2007, 04:37 PM
plushes lint 4 me, orange do too.

D
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Cobra Jrs. lint for me.

trlblazer3
11-04-2007, 12:59 AM
wow, I guess I'm lucky...none of my Cobra towels lint to date, and I haved a pretty extensive collection. Wonder why?

Smith2287
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah my purple cobras don't lint, my blue cobra lint from time to time.

dontsleeponit
11-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Cobra Jrs. lint for me.

hmm, weird, my favorite cobra towel, and no lint issues.

It weird how different towels lint for different people. Im thinking it has something to do with what the towels are getting used for...

i dunno maybe

D
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Only for removing wax/ sealants. Ive heard numerous complaints of the Jrs. linting, and yes, they are being washed correctly.

Rsurfer
11-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Only for removing wax/ sealants. Ive heard numerous complaints of the Jrs. linting, and yes, they are being washed correctly.:iagree:but I also have a couple of blue plush corbras linting. Can't remember if I washed the Jr's with the plush. Maybe that's the problem and yet some say they have no problems with the Jr's, go figure.

JTS
11-06-2007, 06:12 AM
I purchased a Cobra Waffle Weave Glass Towel (white) 7/10/06. It has left a lint trail from day one. It has always been wash separately and put on a drying rack in the basement. It is kept in its own plastic bag. Do not understand why this is since it is said the glass towel was design not to lint.