PDA

View Full Version : ONR added to bucket wash?

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:37 PM
I've heard a bit about some people adding an .5oz.-1oz. of ONR into their wash bucket prior to doing a wash.. I forgot what their meaning behind it was.. Does anyone know the benefits of this? Do any of you guys do that? Would Megs D114 work the same?

The Guz
09-29-2016, 12:40 PM
ONR contains water softeners in it.

WillSports3
09-29-2016, 12:41 PM
It softens water so if you have harder water where you are, it lessens the impact of it on your car. It's great to add a bit to each bucket you use. You can also put it in your rinse bucket to add some extra slickness to your mitt.

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:42 PM
ONR contains water softeners in it.

Stupid question but, how does that help? What does it do?

The Guz
09-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Stupid question but, how does that help? What does it do?

Will answered it perfectly here.

It softens water so if you have harder water where you are, it lessens the impact of it on your car. It's great to add a bit to each bucket you use. You can also put it in your rinse bucket to add some extra slickness to your mitt.

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Does Megs D114 help in the same way? Or is the water softening ability limited to ONR?

WillSports3
09-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Essentielly, the more calcium, magnesium and what not are in the hard water that you use, it reacts with the soap in your car wash so you get less sudsy goodness out of it. And to top it off, the combination of hard water and soap is basically what causes soap scum and you definitely don't want that on your car. The softer water will suds better, provide better lubrication since you're using the car shampoo to the full potential so a better wash for you. Also when you're drying, the harder water is what causes a lot of water spots so with a softer water, you have an easier time drying. I don't know if Megs D114 does the same thing but I believe ONR is the one with the water softening ability. ONR and Wolfgang Rinseless I believe.

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Does hard water increase the chance of water spots? Or pre maturely strip off wax? What's are the biggest issues with using hard water to wash/rinse the car?

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Less minerals in hard water for when you wash your car. It's to avoid water spots and what not, makes it easier to dry.

You're answering the questions before I ask them! Lol

The Guz
09-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Does Megs D114 help in the same way? Or is the water softening ability limited to ONR?

Not sure. Never used D114 in that manner. It should technically work. You could give it a try and see if it does anything. One thing I forgot to add is that the suds of the soap may be decreased just a bit.

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Less minerals in hard water for when you wash your car. It's to avoid water spots and what not, makes it easier to dry.

So if there's less minerals in hard water... Then how is using distilled water to dilute concentrates better? From my understanding distilled water doesn't contain minerals, right? Or did I read that wrong?

WillSports3
09-29-2016, 12:50 PM
I just woke up from a nap so my grammar is like.. wrecked right now. ONR added to bucket wash causes less minerals in hard water.

Edit:
I edited the post that you just quoted.. I got super confused by who you were asking what, and then when I edited it I saw the conversation move past. Wooops

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Not sure. Never used D114 in that manner. It should technically work. You could give it a try and see if it does anything. One thing I forgot to add is that the suds of the soap may be decreased just a bit.

How exactly would D114 cause that to happen? And would it matter if you added the capful of D114 after filling the bucket full of suds? [I know you probably haven't tried it yet, I'm just thinking out loud]

Eldorado2k
09-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I just woke up from a nap so my grammar is like.. wrecked right now. ONR added to bucket wash causes less minerals in hard water.

Edit:
I edited the post that you just quoted.. I got super confused by who you were asking what, and then when I edited it I saw the conversation move past. Wooops

Lol. This is actually a good thing... I like rapid replies from the active folks on this forum. Just imagine if you had to wait an hour or 2 to check back for replies.. That would suck. Lol.

Jeremy1976
09-29-2016, 01:04 PM
More lubricity.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk