PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Polishing

Juztang
06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I've spent the last couple of evenings polishing my Saleen with the PC. It has light to moderate swirls throughout the car. I've having pretty good luck with the metal parts of the car but, the hood,front bumper,rear bumper, and spoiler aren't getting much better. They are made out of urethane. The hood looks really bad. I've been using Poorboys SR2.5 and I've tried the white polishing pad and the yellow cutting pad. Is urethane harder to get swirls and fine scratches out than the rest of the car. Any recommendations? thanks!

Kelso
06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
not 100% sure but it shouldnt be harder because your really working on the paint and not the material... but if they came out on the pther panels with no problem and arent any worse swirls than what you have up fornt, i must be wrong

abrcrombe
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow, that is really weird. The paint must have adhered to the urethane differently. I don't know if you will get a definite answer tonight, you might have to wait until Killr comes on tomorrow.

ScottB
06-28-2006, 05:43 AM
first I would not jump to a yellow cutting pad, as it will trade swirls for micromarring. I would go to orange or a more abrasive polish as possible. Since you are using 2.5 SSR your already aggressive, but are you allowing the polish to work ?? It will likely take 5-7 minutes per panel with PC on high and you will likely redo a couple of times and then move to lighter polish and lighter pads.

I dont specifically know of any urethane compatibility issues.