PDA

View Full Version : IronX on an cheap old bathtub

Harry Da Hamster
09-27-2016, 05:10 PM
I recently bought a condo in Honolulu and drained my savings on the down payment and paint/ceiling/kitchen renovations, furniture, appliances, and a crap ton of miscellaneous expenses. Everything looks new except the bathrooms which are acceptable depending on who you ask. I'll eventually do a full renovation of bathrooms once I get the savings going.

Here's some paint chips and rust spots on the tub. Yikes! Nasty! As you can see, it appears to have been touched up once.

Lets attempt to to make the tub look at least acceptable while I save for bathroom renovations

Its so satisfying watching the rust bleed away

This is was after first application and a quick scrub with a scouring pad

Yay for car detailing products used in the home! This is was after a third application. I have no clue how long the rust spot was there. I'll touch up with similar color touch up paint once I find some. Now off to work!

WaxMaster1
09-27-2016, 08:19 PM
I'd save my IronX for the car. For household duties like that, I'd just use CLR and a Scotchbrite pad

Jimmy Vegas
09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
I just used IronX for that exact purpose when I refinished the bath tub in the main bathroom with a Rustoleum kit.

Harry Da Hamster
09-28-2016, 07:13 PM
I couldn't imagine it being any easier with CLR. And i didn't have to spend any extra money for a bottle of CLR. I just sprayed IronX and let it dwell and just wiped with the scouring pad (didn't scrub at all). First application took care of almost everything, two more times for good measure. Did this in the time i was getting dressed for work, so not much time.