PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Pages : [1] 2

DetailKitty
09-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Ok, this is getting out of control....

Ever since the "new forum" went live I do not get new notifications of posts to threads I have subscribed to, and when I do, then are from months ago.

It was getting pretty bad I changed my settings to NO subscriptions and deleted all my active ones.

This morning I checked my email and I had 20+ email notifications all from subscriptions I had deleted AND of posts that were 2+ months old.

At this point I'm not sure what to do to stop the emails from coming in for old posts.

So I'm reaching out to the powers that be for advice!

Detailsbydaniel
09-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Have the same issue i keep getting emails refering to bery old posts myself

natewood70
09-27-2016, 10:00 AM
I haven't received any emails from the forum for my subscriptions at all anymore.

What I typically do with problem emails that I don't want and can't control from the sender is setup a filter within my email client/service to push everything to a designated folder other than my inbox.

Since I haven't heard of a fix for the massive delay they've had with sending subscription updates, the filter seems to be the best way to go.

DetailKitty
09-27-2016, 10:27 AM
I haven't received any emails from the forum for my subscriptions at all anymore.

What I typically do with problem emails that I don't want and can't control from the sender is setup a filter within my email client/service to push everything to a designated folder other than my inbox.

Since I haven't heard of a fix for the massive delay they've had with sending subscription updates, the filter seems to be the best way to go.

I may have to do this for now... it's really becoming annoying.

emmjay
09-27-2016, 11:02 AM
I had the exact same issue. I would get a minimum of 20 emails a say saying there are new posts. When the thread was opened there was nothing. Pretty old posts infact. Mods have known of this issue for months.

So now, I have applied a filter thanks to BM1024. Credit where its due.

I block all emails containing key words from a AGO forum email, or a sentence from the email. Since then, no clutter! :)

Until we get word from the mods that the issue is "finally" resolved, I will keep using said filter. Once fixed, I will just remove the filter.

AutowerxDetailing
09-27-2016, 11:14 AM
I hate the new forum format. I turned off all notifications and just deleted the app yesterday. It really sucks because I used to like to come on here and just sort of hang out, read, and discuss fun topics. Now it just sucks so much that I rarely comment on anything anymore.

Kamakaz1961
09-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Have the same issue i keep getting emails refering to bery old posts myself

Same here

DetailKitty
09-27-2016, 12:57 PM
I hate the new forum format. I turned off all notifications and just deleted the app yesterday. It really sucks because I used to like to come on here and just sort of hang out, read, and discuss fun topics. Now it just sucks so much that I rarely comment on anything anymore.

Exactly- my time on here has dropped drastically because of this. I hope it gets resolved at some point.

KBsToy
09-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Same here

ditto here also :(

Just02896
09-27-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm not saying it's aliens, BUT.............

ITS ALIENS! Lol!

I keep getting new message notifications and when I check my box there aren't any new messages.

dmayer
09-27-2016, 04:04 PM
They should understand that this will eventually cause a drop in business. If people aren't spending as much time on the forum, they are reading less and will probably buy less, at least less impulse buying.

I used to like that they not only had a 'new posts' tab but also a 'latest posts' tab, I think it was, and you could go back many pages. Now there is only new posts and sometimes there isn't even one page of new posts to check out. disappointing...

FUNX650
09-27-2016, 04:15 PM
Hope things get properly sorted
on this forum pretty soon for all
of you guys; something must've
got real screwy.

BTW:
I'm not having those forum problems"...
So...Yep...Something is bound to be
really screwed up!!

Bob

PaulMys
09-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Agreed. Had one hell of a busy weekend, wasn't able to even sit down let alone get online. Open my email last night to 18 thread notification emails from AGO. Newest was from August 22nd.

Like this forum a lot, but this is fu*kin' annoying.

emmjay
09-27-2016, 11:24 PM
I used to like that they not only had a 'new posts' tab but also a 'latest posts' tab, I think it was, and you could go back many pages. Now there is only new posts and sometimes there isn't even one page of new posts to check out. disappointing...

You can still do that. Click on Home on the top left and under your Avatar or profile pic, there is new posts. You can actually click the two worrds and it will take you to 2 pages worth of new/latest posts instead of the one on the Home page! I do this daily due to the 10 hour time difference between here and the US :)

DetailKitty
09-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Sadly, my temp fix is I set up a filter for all AG emails to go right to trash.... I'm not going to have my email folder filled with notifications for months ago. Very annoying.