PDA

View Full Version : Best cleaner for white walls/letter

blagunas6
09-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum. Well the question I have is what do you guys use to clean white letters or white walls on tires. I have been using megs super degreaser but I can't seem to get them as white as I want them too like when I first got the tires. Is this even possible to achieve? I have been thinking on buying one of those white tire marking pens to just touch up the lettering but don't know if it will smear or just make it worse. Thanks in advance

lane5515
09-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Westley's Bleche White.

Jimmy Vegas
09-26-2016, 10:04 AM
I second Bleche White (now owned by Black Magic) and a brass brush. After the tire dries, hit it with your favorite dressing/sealant. I still haven't found it's equal.

blagunas6
09-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys I will give that a try. I've seen that product before at like Walmart but never knew if it was good or not.

Pats300zx
09-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Bleche-White is definitely the best. However, I found that the new version since being taken over by Black Magic is not as good as the older.

Jimmy Vegas
09-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Bleche-White is definitely the best. However, I found that the new version since being taken over by Black Magic is not as good as the older.

I noticed that it doesn't seem as harsh (once spilled part of a gallon jug on my hand, not good), but it still seems to work very well for me. Scrubbing with anything less than a brass brush always required a l LOT of elbow grease. That seems to be the key for me.

Someone also recommended I try Amazing Roll Off (http://www.autogeek.net/amazing-roll-off.html) on raised white letters. After seeing what it does for engine compartments, I'm definitely going to try it.

LEDetailing
09-26-2016, 02:14 PM
I used Bleche White at my dad's car lot back in the 90's-2000's. Lots of Cadillacs and Lincolns with white walls. I remember it working really well with brass brush or stiff tire brush. I recently used Meguiar's D143 and a blue 3M scotchbrite pad (non abrasive) on white walls and had great results. I think a strong dilution of APC and the appropriate brush should work. I really like the scotchbrite pad, it allowed me to scrub hard on the more stained areas of the white walls.

FUNX650
09-26-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm not going to say what IS the
best cleaner for WWs/RWLs/RWOLs...

But:

If the requirement is to get
them surgically clean/white...
I'll use a bona fide rubber cleaner,
such as: XTRA SEAL 14-100;
TECH RUB-O-MATIC.

Otherwise:
I'll apply a poultice made from a
finely powdered cleanser, such as:
Bar Keeper's Friend, Bon Ami,
Comet; Ajax; etc.

Also, IMO:
TuF-Shine's Tire Cleaner is also
very capable at "whitening".

Bob

GSKR
09-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum. Well the question I have is what do you guys use to clean white letters or white walls on tires. I have been using megs super degreaser but I can't seem to get them as white as I want them too like when I first got the tires. Is this even possible to achieve? I have been thinking on buying one of those white tire marking pens to just touch up the lettering but don't know if it will smear or just make it worse. Thanks in advance
Use a pumice stone and whatever cleaner.

blagunas6
09-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Use a pumice stone and whatever cleaner.
I took your advice GSKR n it worked fast n quick . I was at the store looking at the black magic bleche wite but after reading the label it just sounded more like a degreaser. So I went and bought the pumice stone which was only like $1 and tried it out and these were the results. First pic the first B was cleaned the second B wasn't. Second pic The lettering grabber was fully cleaned the at2 wasn't.

GSKR
09-26-2016, 08:53 PM
I used Bleche White at my dad's car lot back in the 90's-2000's. Lots of Cadillacs and Lincolns with white walls. I remember it working really well with brass brush or stiff tire brush. I recently used Meguiar's D143 and a blue 3M scotchbrite pad (non abrasive) on white walls and had great results. I think a strong dilution of APC and the appropriate brush should work. I really like the scotchbrite pad, it allowed me to scrub hard on the more stained areas of the white walls.
One swipe around whitewall with lacquer thinner no cleaner can compare and less labor.

Brad Bruggeman
09-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Simple green and a scrub brush or simple green and a power washer is even better.

LEDetailing
09-26-2016, 09:48 PM
One swipe around whitewall with lacquer thinner no cleaner can compare and less labor.

Interesting. Will have to try that. Now I need to find a car with dirty white walls.

GSKR
09-27-2016, 06:29 AM
One swipe around whitewall with lacquer thinner no cleaner can compare and less labor.lacquer thinner can't not be used with white lettering.It has to be a continuous whitewall like on classic cars and keep off the black part of the tire.If not you will drag black onto the clean white wall and it will be a pita.use terry cloths and use your index finger to stay on track with whitewall and throw away the terry cloths after.