PDA

View Full Version : Ex-P or Natty's blue for a big job tomorrow?

Modena AL
11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm detailing a Navigator for a guy I work with tomorrow tomorrow. He bought my old BMW from us last week and I detailed it for him and he was so floored I ended up getting this job from him. My planned work is SSR 2.5 on CCS Orange followed by SSR 1 on white and, until five minutes ago, EX-P and then apply natty's on Sunday morning. Well, now he can't leave it overnight so I can only do one or the other. Would I be best off to use EX-P or Natty's Blue? I want to make sure he gets the best bang for his buck becuase he's been running around the office promoting my work and I've already got 2 jobs lined up after this.

The Navigator is dark blue and I'm not sure if it is metallic. Which would you use? EX-P or NB? I also have souveran, P21S, XMT 360, XMT glaze, at my disposal.

Also few questions on these
Can I apply EX-P on a CCS blue, and how long should I wait before buffing? What about by hand?

How long should I wait before buffing nattys? Last time I put it over the whole car and buff off when done, about 20 - 30 minutes. Came off easily and looked incredible.

Thanks for any help! It should be a :buffing: day tomorrow

supercharged
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
It's really up to you. If you want the paint to look brighter - EX-P.
Darker, depper, wetter - Natty Blue.

wytstang
11-02-2007, 12:00 PM
If it's dark blue I would hit it with Nattys x2. Even though I lost track of how long EX-P was applied to my car (1 coat) I do remember feeling it was way to soon that it died. If you have time find an Napa or O'Rielys and pick up (if in stock) some Duragloss Aqua wax to top nattys.

Modena AL
11-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Funny you mention aqua wax becuase it's going to be delievered from AG today! :D

How long would I want to wait before hitting it with aqua wax?

Modena AL
11-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone else have any opinions?

I think I may just apply nattys to the whole thing then buff off, following up with AW after I do the interior.

Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures this time

wytstang
11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
1 hour 2 if you have the time then apply AW over nattys.

Modena AL
11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Well I followed up the natty's with AW like you said and... WOW! That stuff was incredible. I only had time to do SSR1 (no time to do SSr 2.5 and I didn't have SSR 2 which I might have got away with without following up with SSR 1) and after I followed with NB I was already impressed with how it turned out... but I sprayed that AW on one panel and you could instantly see the difference. I am so buying this by the gallon now.

I didn't have time to get many pictures before it got dark, but I did manage to get this one

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/auto-detailing-forum/2095d1194184340-ex-p-nattys-blue-big-job-tomorrow-img_2994sm.jpg