PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!

Jasonp405
09-23-2016, 11:03 AM
I am attending a show this weekend and I want to know the best way to prep it. The car got a full detail 3 weeks ago. Polish, seal, wax.

I bought gyeon can coat last week and I want to use it.
So I am thinking just a quick hand polish using autoglym super resin polish, works well on my white car. Then the gyeon coat.
Should I go waxing over that then??
And then maybe just a wipe down with megs quick detailed on the day?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you

GSKR
09-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Prior to using cancoat surfaces must be free of polish oil etc for adequate bonding.So you will have to take off the polish seal and wax.Then apply cancoat per instructions.Then after some curing time you can add more gloss to your paint with a wax.Being that it's white gloss is more prominent then depth.you may be in a time crunch for the show,I would skip the cancoat and apply your choice of wax then when you have more time you can do the proper job pertaining to cancoat.cancoat and finishkare 1000 wax sealant is a nice combo.

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-23-2016, 01:34 PM
If you just had it detailed 3 weeks ago you will pretty much be undoing all of that if you polish it. I would just wash it real good and maybe use a good spray wax. Save the can coat for when the sealant has failed.

Jasonp405
09-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks lads. I don't know an awful lot about this stuff. Thanks for the reply

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-03-2016, 01:59 AM
How was the show?

Any pictures to share?