PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up Econoline work van interior

rvx290
09-22-2016, 07:11 PM
I recently got a promotion & was given a 2013 E250 work van. You'd think the van is at least 10 years old the way it was treated. Smoked in, coffee, soda, any mess you can think of happened in this truck. I know its a work truck but i take pride in my vehicles & want to make it 'livable' I took a heavy apc to every surface & it looks better, hosed & scrubbed the rubber floor, but still not up to my standards & still stinks of cigrettes & cigaweed & coffee. Just wondering what affordable methods i could use to mainly get the smell out, I dont mind putting more elbow grease into it, but hard to justify spending a ton of money on a company vehicle when i have bills to pay & mouths to feed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

GSKR
09-22-2016, 07:30 PM
I assume vinyl seats?. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking what will still hold the odor.Maybe headliner or climate vents.I would odor bomb it with the air on.Is the back barebones sheet metal? You can sanatize the vents with a couple of drops of bleach in the air intake vent.If I'm correct you can do this without opening the hood.After all that stick a odor tree under the seat for a while.7.00 for a possible cure.

Jeremy1976
09-22-2016, 07:56 PM
To get rid of the scent and not just cover it up get it steam cleaned. I know some guys think they are overpriced or over rated, but I can assure you a decent one is not. I love mine. Will rid odors, disinfect, and clean at the same time. And make sure to check real good for anything causing the odor ie, food etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rvx290
09-22-2016, 08:39 PM
I assume vinyl seats?. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking what will still hold the odor.Maybe headliner or climate vents.I would odor bomb it with the air on.Is the back barebones sheet metal? You can sanatize the vents with a couple of drops of bleach in the air intake vent.If I'm correct you can do this without opening the hood.After all that stick a odor tree under the seat for a while.7.00 for a possible cure.

Yes vinyl seats, rubber flooring & barebones steel in the back. Ill try the bleach trick as i assume the vents are probably filled with cigarette smoke residue yet.