PDA

View Full Version : gum removal

carguy
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
customer called wants the inside of his van cleaned, vac,one seat has gum on it. What can i use to remove it from leather seats, was told ice is that true? Need suggestions. Thanks:righton:

Bonifax
11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
customer called wants the inside of his van cleaned, vac,one seat has gum on it. What can i use to remove it from leather seats, was told ice is that true? Need suggestions. Thanks:righton:
Ice helps as it turns hard the gum, then you can peel it off.

Tonya
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Ice helps as it turns hard the gum, then you can peel it off.
I have never tried it, but I have heard the same. Good luck!

Al-53
11-02-2007, 06:42 PM
2 ways to get gum off..one is ice and freeze it and get most off and then use a conditioner to get remaining off...the other way is the spray air cans..tip upside down and a freezing liquid comes out and instantly freezes the gum and then pick it off with a credit card....

I have never tried the can freeze on leather so I can not say if it will stain or not...but never had a stain on any other material

Al

Jimmie
11-02-2007, 07:19 PM
2 ways to get gum off..one is ice and freeze it and get most off and then use a conditioner to get remaining off...the other way is the spray air cans..tip upside down and a freezing liquid comes out and instantly freezes the gum and then pick it off with a credit card....

I have never tried the can freeze on leather so I can not say if it will stain or not...but never had a stain on any other material

Al

This is just one of the reasons that I love this place. Ideas like this are genius (air can upside down and a credit card). I wanna go do it and I don't even have stuck gum.

carguy
11-02-2007, 08:44 PM
This is just one of the reasons that I love this place. Ideas like this are genius (air can upside down and a credit card). I wanna go do it and I don't even have stuck gum.

Hey guys i want to thank you all for the information given, i will let you all know what i used, and how it turned out,:D:righton:

trlblazer3
11-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I had detailed a Mazda 3 not too long ago with a HUGE gum spot on the passenger side seat, and it came right out with ice and a little bit of Folex. These were also cloth seats, so I would assume if you replace the Folex with a quality leather cleaner you should be good to go. Let us know how you make out!