PDA

View Full Version : Deciding between Wolfgang coating or sealant

waterman
09-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Hello,

I just purchased a Yukon Denali with 9,000 miles and the paint is in awesome condition(I don't know what the dealer used to wax it). I live near Chicago and I can't keep the truck inside. I will be keeping this truck for a long time and enjoy maintaining my cars.

I am deciding between the coating and sealant. Do I need to apply the deep gloss polish enhancer? I'm asking because it doesn't come with the coating kit.

Any suggestions to help me decide between the two would be appreciated.

Thanks

ellens2
09-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Coating usually are good for a few years whereas the sealants are approx 6 months if cared for properly. So which you use would depend on how frequently you want to apply.

BudgetPlan1
09-20-2016, 08:00 PM
If you like cleaning/detailing your vehicle go with sealant/wax. If you want low maintenance, go with coating for paint, wheels and tires. Will just need wash, maybe occasional boost with something like Gyeon Cure. Really amazing how a coated car can stay clean with little attention.

WG coating prep is decon, compound/polish if needed and wipedown with WG Perfekt Paint Prep. No need for deep gloss polish enhancer; want surface as squeaky clean as can be...paint prep will quickly handle that.